Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smokin' Pro Assembly w/ 22 assembly pictures!!!

Smokin' Pro Assembly w/ 22 assembly pictures!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

Hello everybody,

I finally put together my CG Smokin' Pro this past weekend and I wanted to share some pictures with you all of the assembly. Please, let me know if you see anything wrong that I'm doing in these pictures. My instructions are not fully detailed. :lol:

Picture 01. Finally got it! ($139.99)

Picture 02. This is how well they pack it.

Picture 03. Everything is well packed in the inside.
Image]

Picture 04. Layout of all the parts.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT tighten any nuts & bolts until grill is fully assembly. Use only finger tight.
Picture 05. Step 1, connect one short leg with one long leg, then attach the braces.

Picture 06. Step 2, connect the other legs then place the bottom wire shelf in place.

Picture 07. Step 3, rotate legs upward and then connect both legs.

Picture 08. Step 4, install wheels. Note: no need of hammer, the hub caps went very easy.

Picture 09. Step 5, attach base assembly to bottom half of grill with 4 bolts.

Picture 10. Step 6, place SFB on the grill and secured w/bolts and nuts, nuts go inside of SFB, also insert spacer tubes.

Picture 11. Step 7, stand grill upright on legs.

Picture 12. Step 8, install front shelf brackets to grill, then the wood slats and the same time the support braces.

Picture 13. Step 9, insert the smokestack from inside of the hood. Install heat gauge and also the wood hood handle.

Picture 14. Step 10, install hood to bottom half of grill and secure it with hinge and clips.

Picture 15. Step 11, install front wood handle, the damper and small handle to the side door, as well as the large handle at the top of the SFB.

Picture 16. Step 12, install side shelf brackets to grill, then the wood slats.

IMPORTANT: Tighten all bolts and nuts at this time.
Picture 17. Step 13, assembly finished and ready to grill!!! 8)

Picture 18. Step 14, seasoning the grill.

Picture 19. Step 15, this is after 1 hour of reapplying layers of oil, as per BBcue-Z instructions, added more charcoal and 4 pieces of mesquite wood.

Picture 20. Step 16, thermometer reading 425* ....but within 20 min. it was reading way far from 450*. :shock:

Picture 21. Step 17, reapplying oil for 3rd time. Here .... :roll: I guess the fire got to high ...so I closed the vents.

Picture 22. Well after let it sit for 3 more hours after 3rd apply of oil the grates looked dark, so I decided to place some pieces of fajita and chicken breasts (temp. was at 225*).

Sorry, no presentation of plate. (....too tired. :lol: )

Well I hope this will help someone who is thinking of buying the Char-Griller Smokin' Pro and wants to know a little about the assembly. Please, feel free to add any comments.

Happy grilling! :D
Last edited by Tejano on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Very nicely done! 8) I don't know if I've ever seen the step-by-step assembly before.

Foil is your friend. Lining the charcoal tray and a few other key areas that other C/G owners can point out will make cleanup a breeze.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 2:52 pm
GrillPimp medium-well
medium-well

did you end up with greasy carpet? My CG was covered in gunk, so had to put it together outside in mid day July sun in muggy NC...fun.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 3:07 pm
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

GrillPimp wrote:
did you end up with greasy carpet? My CG was covered in gunk, so had to put it together outside in mid day July sun in muggy NC...fun.

I started the assembly at 11PM in my living room so it was cool inside. As you can see from picture 14 (the glossy areas)it had a very thing layer of that gunk so it did not drip any, but just to make sure I left the cardboard underneath.

Tejano.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I enjoyed this process...>thanks for sharing, Tejano!

Post Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 pm
crazyhorse medium-well
medium-well

where may i ask did you score that for $139 with side fire box

thinking about another one :shock: :shock: 8)

Post Mon May 01, 2006 7:35 pm
C. Piper well done
well done

Tejano...another star is born! Like any proud Papa I would hope you would pass out Fajita's to all your "Q'en" friends (like new dad's do cigars.:))

I'm sure you have taken all CG owners back in time to the delivery room of their own CG. And have given a VERY good presentation of the CG with SFB and assembly with many future CG'ers. Well done. 8)
Clay
CharGriller Super Pro W/SFB

Post Mon May 01, 2006 7:48 pm
MickOnTap medium-well
medium-well

Tejano,

Great job. Better description and pics than the manual. Should be made a "sticky" thread for all new CG owners.

If you're lookin, it ain't cookin.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 10:15 pm
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

Grillslinger wrote:
I enjoyed this process...>thanks for sharing, Tejano!

You're welcome. :D :D :D

Mcockrell wrote:
where may i ask did you score that for $139 with side fire box.....

Mcockrell, I got it at my local H-E-B store ($139.99+tax), I checked others H-E-B stores and not all of them sell CGs. Hurry .....there're 2 Smokin Pro left!!! They also have pleanty of the Patio Pro (the small ones) and the Wrangler.

I hope you get another one. 8)

Post Mon May 01, 2006 10:28 pm
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

C. Piper wrote:
Tejano...another star is born! Like any proud Papa I would hope you would pass out Fajita's to all your "Q'en" friends (like new dad's do cigars.:))

:lol: :lol: Yeah :D ...sorry guys ....I'll make it up with those Fajitas. :lol:

LOL.

Post Mon May 01, 2006 10:30 pm
tcul72 medium-well
medium-well

i hope to be doing that build friday after work. waiting on my wife to get her bonus check and she is buying me the whole shabang for my birthday including a cover and a grill mat. they better hurry up with that check :x

and on another note, the local LOWES must not want to sell many of these. the floor model is put together very bad. a lot of the bolts are loose causing wobble. anyone who messes with it might think the grill is a piece of junk for the wobble. they didn't bend out the wire frames for the adjustable charcoal grate like the owners manual says(yes i have downloaded and read it 3 times already...lol ) and they don't lift the grate without faling off.

Post Tue May 02, 2006 6:54 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

To repeat what has already been said. Great Post. Thanks for sharing this is a great thread for people to reference in the future! Thanks for taking the time!

Post Wed May 03, 2006 11:52 am
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

MickOnTap wrote:
Better description and pics than the manual. Should be made a "sticky" thread for all new CG owners.

Thank you for your comments MickOnTap.

When I found this website, I learned a lot of tips on how to choose a good grill/smoker, and many other things, but I still wanted to see pictures to convince me. So when I bought my CG I decided to create this "step-by-step assembly" for the future CG owners.

Hopefully the Administration and Moderators of this forum could consider this thread as a "sticky".

Thank you all for your comments.

Post Wed May 03, 2006 1:31 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Maybe not a sicky but it has been noted for some new ideas. 8)

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm
Tejano medium-rare
medium-rare

.....just refreshing this post for the new members. :D

Tejano.

Next

Return to General Discussion