Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My big spatula

My big spatula

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:54 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7333
Location: Stoughton, WI
Scroll about halfway down: http://www.charbroil.com/accessories/index.asp
Picked it up at Menards for $8 today. The blade is 6" wide and 5" deep, and I think it could probably fell a tree or amputate a limb... :shock:

Brad

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:58 pm
Good Q rare
rare

Posts: 21
Location: Santa Clarita, Ca
Hope you can handle equipment of that size.

What's the best way to move big pieces of meat across, to and from the grill. I meant meat like a whole Boston Butt, large brisket, or big racks of ribs. Or for that matter a whole hog.
Image

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:09 pm
1cajuncook medium
medium

Posts: 176
Location: Lilburn (Atlanta), GA
Look for a meat hook. It is a stainless steel rod about 18" long with a curled hook on one end and a wooden handle. It doesn't penetrate the meat and let juices out like a meat fork does. I got mine for $3 at Wally World.
Life's too short to eat bland food.

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:42 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

Posts: 2051
Location: Near Waynesville, OH

The best way to me is to use insulated neoprene or rubber gloves and just use your hands.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:42 pm
919 medium
medium

Posts: 172
Location: Manhattan, KS "Little Apple"
1cajuncook wrote:
Look for a meat hook. It is a stainless steel rod about 18" long with a curled hook on one end and a wooden handle. It doesn't penetrate the meat and let juices out like a meat fork does. I got mine for $3 at Wally World.


I have dropped more steaks onto the patio with meat hooks. I will never use one again, it just hangs in my grill room and looks cool.

Peace
22.5 Weber Gold
18.5 Weber Gold
Weber Smokey Joe

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:50 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7333
Location: Stoughton, WI
Good Q wrote:
Hope you can handle equipment of that size.
I used it tonight when I grilled catfish fillets that were about 7-8" long and it worked really well. I bought it on a whim and I'm glad I did.

Brad

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 pm
cmmull well done
well done

Posts: 350
Location: Florida Panhandle
Good Q wrote:
Hope you can handle equipment of that size.

What's the best way to move big pieces of meat across, to and from the grill. I meant meat like a whole Boston Butt, large brisket, or big racks of ribs. Or for that matter a whole hog.


I use my bear paws to move large peices of meat.
Image

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:55 pm
Master Brewer medium
medium

Posts: 173
Location: North Eastern, Pennsylvania
cmcadams wrote:
The best way to me is to use insulated neoprene or rubber gloves and just use your hands.


I agree. I use the gloves and they are great.
Image


Return to General Discussion