Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BBQ in Europe.

BBQ in Europe.

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi guys!

This is Nic here, a 25 year old food enthusiast, living in Sweden. There is this story which I'd like to share with you guys, about this BBQ joint which I fount the other day.

All this began when I had my friend Shane visit me, right after his trip from the America. As it turns out, he fell in love with the art of barbecuing there and now insists to have a very own barbecue here or try out new places.

So the other day, we were having a barbecue in our backyard when this neighbor told us about this new barbecue joint in the area - http://cantina.nu/

As it turns out, this barbecue joint simply reminded him of his trip. Personally, I found the food to be simply brilliant and absolutely loved it! :bbq: :bbq:

Although their dish named Chorizo Tacos seemed to be really unique to me. I definitely enjoyed the Sirloin steak.

I wonder if any of you have any knowledge of such places in Europe, or even in the USA since I am planning to take a trip there next fall.

Thank you for reading, folks! Appreciate it. :) :cheers:

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:16 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Nic! I don't understand the words on Cantina's website but the photos make perfect sense! :wink:

Good luck with your future barbecue adventures, especially if you're able to visit the USA. Let us know what parts of the country you'll be visiting and we'll do our best to give you good suggestions, both barbecue-related and otherwise.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Sure, I definitely shall share my travel plans with you guys!

Having watched food shows like 'Man vs. Food', I am all the more tempted to try the delicious steaks which the country has to offer! :)

Cheers! :)

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Nic, and welcome to the Barbecue Board. :D

Google Translate can help with some of the words on that site: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

You'll find that we all enjoy the same passion as you and your friend Shane for good food.

The only Barbecue that I am familiar with in Europe is that of Don Marco. He is simply the best and I was fortunate to meet him a few years ago. 8)

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:43 am

Hey Nic! Greetings from North Carolina and welcome to the board!

I've only hit barbecue restaurants in London and Kiev, Ukraine, so I can't help much with others in Europe, but if you ever get to North Carolina I can definitely point you in the right direction to get some GOOD STUFF!!!

By the way, "Arizona's BBQ" in Kiev is authentic Southwestern USA barbecue!!! GOOD Q!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS, NCBBQA
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,SBN
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:19 am
BBQ Deputy

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
By the way, "Arizona's BBQ" in Kiev is authentic Southwestern USA barbecue!!! GOOD Q!
You should put together a quick writeup if you have the time. I'll bet there's an interesting story about how the restaurant came to be!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm
JPET User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I am of Ukrainian heritage, and I like bbq. I know, not on topic, but.... .

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 pm
BBQ Deputy

I'd have the same reaction if I learned about an authentic barbecue joint in Oslo! :wink:

Return to Best BBQ Joint