Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Whatcha got cookin' this weekend?

Whatcha got cookin' this weekend?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

It's that day again...Friday!! So I'll start it off....whathca go cookin'?

I'm doing some burgers tonight. I ground up some chuck last night along with some bacon (I didn't like how lean the chuck looked and thought it needed some more fat, plus I just wanted to play around). I think mine is going to be a patty melt like Dyal's the other night.

Saturday, Mrs. G leaves for a week so I really haven't planned anything else out. Maybe Raichlen's Australian wings from the Bible. Not sure yet.

So what you got cookin?

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:42 am
Trollby well done
well done

I am hoping Sunday to be mashing 11# of grains for an Oktoberfest in my Turkey fryer.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 am
jstewart well done
well done

My older son arrived last night and plans on having some bbq while he is home......I'm thinking maybe some blue cheese stuffed burgers and we'll be going by the meat market today to decide on what else!

Just picked up some baby backs and some country style ribs.....mmmmmmm
Last edited by jstewart on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

A couple of big butts for my wife's birthday party next weekend. She requested ribs and pulled pork (that's my girl... :wink: ). So I'll be smoking the butts up either tonight or tomorrow, pulling and freezing it, then smoking the ribs the day of the party.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 am
d_holck well done
well done

A Boston Butt and 2 big Chuckies.
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:31 pm
Buckeye Bob well done
well done

Friday, Did the shrimp scampi that was inspired by your log post followed by Ribeyes and Fillets with mushrooms, all on the egg. Nothing really tonight but tomorrow hopefully some grilled chicken made into BGE enchiladas again inspired by blog postings.

Buckeye Bob

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am
jstewart well done
well done

Here is the tri-tip while it is marinating. I use McCormick's Meat Marinade and generally double it. The packet says it is good for 3 lbs of meat, but I always use 2 of them in a 1 gallon bag. This piece of meat was about 2.6 lbs.

Here is the meat on for a quick sear. I usually put it for about a minute or so per side right above the coals. You can also see the bricks that I put in the middle for the indirect cook.

Now the tri-tip is on the other side after searing. This is where I'll cook it indirect for about 45 minutes to an hour. I cook to 132 internal temp.

Here is the starting temp..,...

Here are the leftovers....sorry about not having pics after the cook, we were hungry!!!!

Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Return to General Discussion