Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cast Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Cast Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Griffin well done
well done

We've not really made many desserts on the BGE. Mrs. G doesn't have a sweet tooth and I shouldn't make a cake or pie for myself. Ever since I saw this recipe for pineapple upside down cake, I knew I had to make it. Mrs. G had to go to work yesterday and with no plans for me, I decided to try it out. Cooked it indirect at 350 for one hour.

Making the bottom of the cake (that turns into the top later)

On to the Egg

Done after an hour

Finished

Sliced up

Man that was a good slice of cake!! Didn't have a smokey flavor at all. It was moist and that top layer was to die for. I'm going to have to take some over to my parents tonight at this is my Dad's favorite cake and I can't have it laying around or I'll eat it all.

Cast Iron Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice! I'm not much of a dessert person but last night we were talking about doing something in a skillet when we're on vacation later this month, and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

Brad

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

that cake is mouth watering jason cant make one with my cg the heat isent constent enough.. might have to come to your place and bring the fixins lol looks good my friend
TIMS BBQ

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Bravo, sir! Very, very nicely done. I'm not one for dessert most of the time, but I do have a weakness for desserts with pineapples, coconut, cherries and pecans. I would be all over that! :shock:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 am
QJuju well done
well done

Love a good pineapple upside down cake and yours looks excellent. Just wish i could make and enjoy them more, so not healthy.

:)

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Wow, great looking cake.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion