Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Palmetto Moink Balls (pix)

Palmetto Moink Balls (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Decided to switch it up from the norm tonight for the game. I smoke roasted some Moink Balls. I also threw on a couple split chicken breasts that I needed to use up. I made those for lunch purposes.

I used some Pecan for smoke tonight.

Once the Bacon crisped up a good bit, I glazed the Moink Balls with some "Palmetto Juice" that my brother and sister in law gave me. It's a local sauce that's made in GA.... SC is the Palmetto State, so I'm not sure how it got it's name. Maybe the person who makes it is from SC? Who knows? But it's deeeeeelicious!!! :D

Here is my Gameday food tonight 8) :

I snacked on one or two of the Moink Balls while the chicken finished up. I think the Palmetto Juice must have been made for Moink Balls. They are ridiculously good. :shock:

Here are the 2 Split Breasts that I'm going to pack for lunch:

I guess I'm going to have to butter my brother up so he'll hook me up with more of this sauce. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:56 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Can ya butter him up for me too ;)

Looks super good Dyal!

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

i got to try the moink balls theay look good i did the turttle eggs about a week ago and loved them
TIMS BBQ

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, fellas'!

EddieK1376 wrote:
Can ya butter him up for me too ;)

Looks super good Dyal!

I'll try to get multiple bottles for me and you. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am
Griffin well done
well done

How did SC do last night?

MOINK balls look great. What is Palmetto sauce?

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Dyal_SC wrote:
Once the Bacon crisped up a good bit, I glazed the Moink Balls with some "Palmetto Juice" that my brother and sister in law gave me. It's a local sauce that's made in GA.... SC is the Palmetto State, so I'm not sure how it got it's name. Maybe the person who makes it is from SC? Who knows? But it's deeeeeelicious!!! :D

Well, as you know the best Carolina mustard sauce comes from Georgia so it's probably just another case of a fine Georgia product letting South Carolina share in the glory... :twisted: :wink:

Between the color of the sauce and the shape of the bottle I at first thought it might be a bloody mary mix! :lol:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 am
QJuju well done
well done

Man that chicken looks awesome... I dig crispy skin, well basted and rubbed. Nice cook!

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 pm
SCmustardman well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Dyal_SC wrote:

Well, as you know the best Carolina mustard sauce comes from Georgia so it's probably just another case of a fine Georgia product letting South Carolina share in the glory... :twisted: :wink:

Between the color of the sauce and the shape of the bottle I at first thought it might be a bloody mary mix! :lol:

I hate to tell the so called "Peach State", but SC produces more peaches than they do. Now they need to stop trying to steal our mustard sauces. Aren't you from Wisconsin anyways? Y'all definitely have the best sausages on earth. They taste especially good with some SC mustard sauce on them. :lol: :twisted:
I've never had a bad day barbequeing or fishing. I've just had some that were better than others.

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
How did SC do last night?

MOINK balls look great. What is Palmetto sauce?

We did excellent yesterday afternoon, last night and tonight. 8) We are in the finals! Woo hoo! Let's make it a 3peat!!! :D

I'm not quite sure what the Palmetto Juice is. It's great stuff though. SCBBQLVR and his family came over tonight for the game and he and Mrs. SCBBQLVR liked it a lot as well. Definitely gonna have to get my bro' to get me MORE! :wink:

No comment to you, Brad. :roll: :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion