Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ribeyes, Corn and Hashbrowns...

Ribeyes, Corn and Hashbrowns...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Just got back from the 3rd Annual Mancation... I once again outfished SCmustardman. His dollar better be in the mail. :lol: I picked up some steaks and corn on the way back home from the lake.

I remembered seeing Cheesy Mexican Corn a few times recently.... I think someone on the forum did it, I saw someone on TV do it, and someone took something similar to the neighborhood block party last weekend. I looked at a couple recipes online, and they called for mayo and a mex cheese that I didn't have on hand. So I decided to improvise and simply use the Tostitos Queso and Chili Lime Rub that I already had in the house. Sounds weird, but trust me...it was good! :lol:

After the Corn charred for a bit, I threw on the Ribeyes and I brushed the Corn down with the Queso and Chili Lime Rub...

Mmm... the corn turned out dang good!

My wife whipped up some awesome Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole while I tended to the grill...

Simple meal and simple ingredients, but it all went together very nicely. And BTW, the Tostitos Queso Dip also goes really well mixed into Cornbread batter. Makes for a very cheesy and moist cornbread. Love that stuff!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:23 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

looks great im going to have to try that i love grilled corn and you just cant beat a ribeye
TIMS BBQ

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job of improvising with the corn! I could really go for some but we're still a couple of months away, although I've seen some shoots peeking up in the fields.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 am
sroach well done
well done

Nothing wrong with that meal, I can't wait for the Jersey corn to start rolling in.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 am
QJuju well done
well done

Awesome!! The steak looks great and the corn looks good too. Those flavors really go well with corn.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dang bud! That looks GREAT!!

Post Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm
redraider0629 medium-rare
medium-rare

That look excellent, I need to stop reading this forum before lunch.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 5:13 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Great job. Never thought about putting queso on my corn, but then again we can get cotija cheese down here.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, gentlemen!

Griffin wrote:
Great job. Never thought about putting queso on my corn, but then again we can get cotija cheese down here.

That's the cheese I saw in the recipes I found...never seen it around here before, and I didn't want to go looking for it. Which is why I cheaped out and used the queso. :lol: Worked well for me and it spread easily when I brushed it on the corn.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Return to General Discussion