Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stuffed pork Loin

Stuffed pork Loin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:59 am
Griffin well done
well done

Been awhile since I've posted anything. Just been sick and then busy, haven't had time to cook since that pork butt. I got the urge to cook Monday, but the wife asked if I'd rather she made fried chicken....I ain't a guy who turns down fried chicken. Anyway, finally got a chance to cook last night. Decided on a stuffed pork loin.

Pork loin is too big for just the two of us, so I cut it in half, and then cut half of it into 4 chops.

Stuffed the pork loin with sauted spinach, shrooms, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, cream cheese and some garlic and herb goat cheese.

Then rolled it and wrapped with bacon and onto the grill with some Hasselback taters

Ain't she purty?

Came out good, but I'd skip the cream cheese next time. Looking forward to firing up the Egg again tonight.

Rest of the pics and the details are over HERE

Post Thu May 03, 2012 10:26 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a good-looking loin...nice to see one that still has some fat for a change! Did you leave it mostly untrimmed?

I wouldn't pass up fried chicken, either. :wink:

Brad

Post Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 am
QJuju well done
well done

That looks really tasty. I recently did a loin and found myself trying to decide what to stuff it with. I chose garlic, onions, and ginger. I mainly wanted to replace the apples and brown sugar I used to use.

Thanks for this great idea... it will make it to my next loin.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 am
Griffin well done
well done

I didn't trim it at all, just left it the way it was.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 4:51 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That's a work of art! Nicely done! I ain't feelin' the goat cheese though...can't get myself to like it no matter how hard I try. I think it's just in my head...just don't like the idea of goat milk. :wink:

BTW, I wouldn't have turned down the fried chicken either. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion