Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Leftover Pizza night

Leftover Pizza night

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 am
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

We had some NY Strip left from the weekend cook so thought I would give it a shot on a pizza. Since it was originally cooked medium I thought I had a little room to play with before it becomes leather.

Cut the strip into small pcs and fried it up with onions and garlic cloves.
Rolled out the crust, put in some tomato based sauce, some mozzarella cheese and peperoni. Put on a little more sauce, add the steak,onions and garlic. Cover that with some cheddar cheese and more mozzarella. Throw on a couple chunks of tomato and presto, now you have leftover pizza.

Had to use the pan on the CG Kamado due to the broken pizza stone. The crust turned out quite well just took a little longer than usual.

This was a very good pizza and a great use of leftovers. My family is not real keen on leftovers so the pizza trick has been working well :lol:
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great idea on using steak as a topping! Sounds delicious.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 pm
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

Steak has become a favorite pizza topping from now on. I didn't want to waste the Strips and since the rest of the family doesn't do leftovers pizza is the new left over eliminator.
Burgers on the grill tonight so we shall see what the next pizza will bring :shock:
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks great! Nice job of picking toppings that would pair well with the steak.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 am
Griffin well done
well done

Pizza is a great way to "take care" of those leftovers. We always seem to have chicken left over that ends up on pizza. Even used tri-tip once. Good job.

Return to General Discussion