Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Old Smokey grills??

Old Smokey grills??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm
Andy medium
medium

Has anyone heard of, or had any experience with Old Smokey charcoal grills? The company makes charcoal grills and electric smokers. According to their website, they have been in business since 1923, yet I've never heard of them.
http://www.oldsmokey.com
Andy

Weber Genesis 1000
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 18.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 14.5" Smoky Joe

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

i just went to there site and had a look around i wouldent buy there product it looks like it has been thrown togather in a hurry ive been grilling and smooking foods for a long time ive never herd of them. and there other products dont have there name on them i defentley wouldent buy one
TIMS BBQ

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Thought Old Smokey had been bought by New Braunfels, maybe back in the 1980's.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 am
Griffin well done
well done

Ah....Old Smokey! :D What fond memories. That was my first grill and what I learned on. Got one back in '97, perfect for a college kid. My older brother bought it for me for my birthday. He had driven up from Austin and was craving BBQ. We picked it up, along with some food, at HEB (local grocery store) Lasted about 6 months before some local kids stole it (but didn't get the grate because it was laying in the grass). I see them from time to time at Academy and have thought about picking one up for old time's sake.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

I think HEB is great! When we travel, we usually will check out a local grocery store primarily, the meat case, deli, and sauce aisle for me (wife likes the bakery), and first time I was ever in a HEB, in San Marcos, I was ready to rent a refrigerated trailer, load it up, and drive back to Illinois.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion