Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pizza with a South of the Border Twist

Pizza with a South of the Border Twist

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 am
Griffin well done
well done

Mrs. G went out of town yesterday. If you’ve been following along, you know what that means….diet goes out the window and I play around with food!! Usually something I think she won’t like (like grilled cheese hamburgers) or something she’s nixed in the past like this version of pizza....Mexican Pizza!!

Got the Egg hot

Rolled out the dough and added some taco meat

Some cheese and then onto the egg at 500F, almost done.

Topped it off with lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and some sour cream

How can that not make you happy? First time I've ever had Mexican pizza and it was so good. I will be making this one again.

All the rest of the story and more pictures can be found HERE

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks flippin' amazing! :shock: I want one so bad right now.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 pm
Askanison medium
medium

oh that looks good.

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

That looks delicious...even with the jalepenos. :)

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:21 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

BTW, I love the pic of the flames shooting out of your BGE. I think I find the egg most dangerous when it's somewhere around 400-500 degrees...especially when you're trying to bring the temperature back down a little bit. Doesn't seem to matter how many times you "burp" the lid....it's gonna bite you anyways... :lol: You know it's bad when it makes a "roaring" sound and shoots out at you and through the top like your picture shows. More times than not, my left hand is hairless.... :lol:

I felt really bad for my wife a few weeks back. She was using the BGE, and didn't burp the dome enough times... My wife has beautiful long blonde hair, and the backdraft blew up in her face, singing some of her hair. :cry: The burnt hair brushed out just fine and all, but I think that may be the last time (for awhile anyways) that she uses the BGE. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm
SCmustardman well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
BTW, I love the pic of the flames shooting out of your BGE. I think I find the egg most dangerous when it's somewhere around 400-500 degrees...especially when you're trying to bring the temperature back down a little bit. Doesn't seem to matter how many times you "burp" the lid....it's gonna bite you anyways... :lol: You know it's bad when it makes a "roaring" sound and shoots out at you and through the top like your picture shows. More times than not, my left hand is hairless.... :lol:

I felt really bad for my wife a few weeks back. She was using the BGE, and didn't burp the dome enough times... My wife has beautiful long blonde hair, and the backdraft blew up in her face, singing some of her hair. :cry: The burnt hair brushed out just fine and all, but I think that may be the last time (for awhile anyways) that she uses the BGE. :wink:

You should try opening it with your right hand every once in a while. It might get rid of all that hair on your palm. :twisted:
I've never had a bad day barbequeing or fishing. I've just had some that were better than others.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:21 pm
Nap Olean medium-rare
medium-rare

That pizza looks great. I made a Mexican pizza not too long ago, but all the ingredients went on the pizza for cooking: taco meat, tomatoes, jalapeños, black olives and pepper jack cheese.

I like the twist of putting stuff on the pizza after it´s cooked....maybe next time I´ll try it this way.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:47 pm
jsperk well done
well done

That looks great. Not sure how I missed this post.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion