Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Rainbow Trout

Grilled Rainbow Trout

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Simple as a hotdog, and just as rewarding. Felt like I was camping out in my own backyard.

Served with a fresh, mixed salad that included fresh endive, and 100% whole wheat flat bread, and strawberries for dessert.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 pm
tbk420 well done
well done

Two rainbows and a brookie?

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 pm
chad miller medium-rare
medium-rare

What was your grilling temperature and time for something like that? They look delicious!

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:10 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks GREAT! Looks like you had a successful day fishing too! :) Dang, I want to get my boat wet now.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks guys. :D

You know, I wish I could say I caught these. The only line I had was the checkout line at the market. So all I know is that the package was labeled as rainbow trout. But yes, that one does look a tad different (brookie).

I have to guess at the cooking temp was about 350, at 6 minutes per side. I am reminded of how it's just like cooking hamburgers. :D

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great pics, beercuer! :D

And yes, that one on the right looks like a brookie. Good thing, too, as brookies are very similar to the speckled trout (bull trout), and the latter are endangered just about everywhere.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Looks great beercuer,
I love grilled fish any time. I think fish doesn’t get as much attention as other meats on the grill, but it really shines when grilled.
I grill my fish on skewers and without a grate

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:15 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks Canada, and thanks for the info on the fishies. It's a relief to know that i am not an unwitting participant in ecodisasterous practices.

BBcue-Z-- I thank you also. What a clever and resourceful alternative to irongrid grilling! I must say, those are some mighty awesome skeweres. Your fish looks fabulous. And your pit looks pristine. Glad to see you care for it so. Tell me, is that okra I see on the left side of the pic?-- I wuv okra, especially in my gumbos. :Amyway, yes, it's a shame that more folk seem not to consider the rewards of a good grilled fish. Oh yummy, yummy, yummy! Perhaps there is something about it that triggers our ancestral roots. :D

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks beercuer,
These skewers are usually used for Minced lamb Kabobs, but I also use them for many things. Yes, I try to keep all my grills in top shape, although this was an older picture :oops:
Those were Okra; I basted them with a mixture of EVOO, garlic, chopped cilantro and lemon juice during cooking. They were very good. And I totally agree with you on the ancestral roots point :)

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:29 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Z - the fish and the okra both look great. I'd try grilling some okra myself if it wasn't so darned expensive up here.

I've got a few seeds, so maybe I'll try my hand at growing it up here again. Growing okra isn't even supposed to be possible up here or even in the northern states because the night temperatures can be too cold. However, I've managed to do it twice, with the help of a home-built mini greenhouse (aka. bamboo stakes and clear poly). The yields weren't fantastic but I managed to get a heaping gallon bucketful off 8 plants. It worked out to roughly 4 pounds, so at the store price of $4.50 a pound out of season I'd say it paid for itself. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion