Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion In need of expert advice

In need of expert advice

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:59 pm
Lagerhead raw
raw

I work at a smokehouse in Ohio and have a question about brisket. We smoke usually 5-6 briskets at a time then wrap them and put them in the cooler. My question is what is the best way to 1. reheat the meat and 2. the best way to keep it up to temp while on the line waiting to be surved.
All of our menu items comtaining brisket require it being sliced.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:04 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, Lagerhead! :D

The best way I've found for reheating a brisket is the same way I cook it. Low and slow. Surely however, you're about to get a whole lot of answers, all of them good.

We're glad to have you.

Take care,
A.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:17 pm
unit880 well done
well done

Welcome to the board lagerhead...

For reheating, an oven set at no more than 250* and bring the internal temp to 165*. For keeping them warm before serving, maybe invest in three coolers. Preheat the coolers with boiling water. Place maybe two hot briskets wrapped in foil in the coolers, then pack with towels. Put the lid on and they should stay plenty warm for the dinner hour.

Maybe some others have other tricks...Good luck!!

Where is this Smokehouse? I live in Ohio...

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:55 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Lagerhead! :D

It is best to reheat a brisket whole and at low temperatures. If it is pre-slice then it should be tightly wrapped or vacuum sealed to prevent drying out. To hold a brisket at temperature an oven set at 175° will keep it hot indefinitely, just be sure it doesn't dry out. If you put the meat in a warm cooler, you'll want to monitor its condition with a remote probe thermometer to ensure proper temperature.

Most restaurant's I've seen serve brisket keep it whole and slice it off as needed on the line. Trying to handle pre-sliced brisket leads to a lot of shredded beef if it is tender. That's another good reason to wait until serving time to slice.

Return to General Discussion