Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Had a brain freeze

Had a brain freeze

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:17 pm
EKomrska

So I'm at a super target gettign some stuff for a poker game tonight and I was just checking out their meat because they sometimes have really good deals on steak and such.

But anyhow, they had a trimmed flat of brisket it was roughly 3.5 lbs or so. My question is, would that be any good on the bbq? Or is too trimmed?

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:25 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sure it would! There are ways to keep the brisket moist during a cook. Give it a good mopping or spray every hour....or drape some bacon over the top of it since it's nice and fatty.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:57 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

EKomrska,

Don't listen to the others.... quick freeze them, ship them to me, and I will dispose of them.... quick, before anyone is in harmed.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously, brisket is super. Check out the brisket faq's link....

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7548

If there isn't much fat on them, just layer some bacon on top and that helps.

Bill

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:02 pm
C. Piper well done
well done

EKomrska, it's not often the old geezers give you newbies bad info but it does happen. I say this because of the previous two answers If you allow me i'll try to correct the misinformation from the other two. Firstly Grillslinger though trying to be helpful ....is dead wron! Now Grumpy was a little closer but still hadn't hit the "Home Run" as far as the correct answer to your inquirey.

In other words he got part of it right.

1. Do not consume the trimmed brisket your self.

2. Do purchase at least 3 (three) of the briskets in question.

4. Prepare them as they advised.

5. Upon successfully smoking them to a delectible degree of doneness package seperately and mail one to each of us.

6. Hopefully using "Over night Express and dry ice.

I hope I have been of some help in the determination process on wheather or not the small overly trimmed brisket is worthwhile? Don't even begin to try and thank me. That's what this board is for.
Clay
CharGriller Super Pro W/SFB

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 pm
EKomrska

Alright you all sold me...I'm headed back to target to pick up a couple of them tomorrow...Black Angus trimed brisket...Can't wait till the weekend :)

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:28 pm
Delaware Smoker well done
well done

Clay,I don't see where you are totaly right either.You want EKomrska to buy the brisket,smoke them & spend money shipping them out.EKomrska,you smoke them,i'll pay for the shipping 8)
Bill
Delaware Smoker
CG w/sfb
Royal Oak Grill

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:24 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Alright!

Who want's to start the bidding?! :lol:
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:52 am
C. Piper well done
well done

Delaware I don't see how I can be wrong (go wrong) ? It really doesn't matter if you or EKomrska pays shipping. Grillslinger, Grumpy and myself would still win. 8) But alas it now seems a moot point as he now has seen the BBQ light! :idea:

Seems the only ones that may benefit from what he's learned will be himself and family. :(

But my don't we have some fun sharing what we've learned? :lol: :wink:
Clay
CharGriller Super Pro W/SFB

Return to General Discussion