Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The other hinges on the Char-Griller…

The other hinges on the Char-Griller…

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:17 am
BigDaddy medium
medium

On another post I noticed the different hinges that BBcue-Z had on his Char-Griller.

Here is the picture of the Hinges on mine… as you can see they are different.

Also, did anyone see “BBQ with Bobby” Last night? The BBQ place in FL, that was doing Gator Ribs, was using a Char-Griller… That was cool… maybe I’m a geek, but I got jazzed up when I saw my grill / smoker on TV…

Here are a couple of other pics on the grill / smoker.

I was going to post some shots of the fish and stuff we did while camping… put when I downloaded the pics off the camera last night… they were pretty boring.

C-ya… good to be back and reading the board again.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:31 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great pix,
They must have changed the design on the new grills, but it’s still looks pretty solid to me.
I saw our grill on T.V. last night, I also was very proud. 8)
Welcome back. I hope you ha a good trip. Did you catch any fish?
Go ahead and post those pix, I’m sure they won’t be boring.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:08 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BigDaddy I promise that I won't be bored :wink: . That chair looks cumffy.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:50 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

OK... Here we go...

I wanted to use a Webber Kettle but took this portable Gas in it's place... used wood chips all week to get the flavor in the food.

First night did some nice steaks.

Then We Fished.... Caught 30 Rock Cod & 30 Crab the first time out...

The second time out... went for Salmon... got skunked... but got 10 more crab.

Here is the little gas grill we took to use...

Like I said, nothing exciting...

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:55 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

That looks like a great feast and great times to me. I would never call catching and grilling 30 Rock Cods (my favorite fish) and 30 crabs “nothing exciting”.
Way to go man. :)

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:58 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

The cod (and of course the Crab) Fresh from the waters.... They were grilled just 2 hours after catch... SOOOOOOO Good.

I ended up walking around the camp grounds giving other campers some cooked crab... becuse we had so much.... Made some friends.

JC

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:11 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

Crabs look good! Where did you go camping?

And I saw the show last night, too! I wanted to post about it this morning but forgot. When I saw it, I got excited about how my grill/smoker was on TV so I told my wife. Not to my surprise, she looked at me as if I was crazy or something. Only you guys understand me!

I wonder how good those aligator ribs taste like.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:30 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BigDaddy those were some memorable shots and a lot of great grilled food too. Thanks for sharing! I’ll bet there were some folks wondering when you’d be back. :wink:

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:41 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

JC,
I just noticed that you’re using a basket with a long handle to grill your fish. I use a rotisserie basket (without handle), this way I can close the lid and give the wood chips a better chance to flavor the fish. Just a suggestion :)

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:25 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

GoldenBear,

We went to an area around Trinidad, CA. We charter a boat that carries about 6 fisherman... called the Jumpin' Jack. If anyone is ever going to fish out of the Trinidad area (right about Eureka, CA), I recomend them. They do a great job... and the kicker is he is a commercial crabber in season, so he leaves some of his pots out durring the charter season, and he pulls crab for his charter fisherman....

GOOD FUN.

BBcue-Z,
Another great idea. You're one break away from having you own show. Agian, You Rock.

JC

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:14 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Again Z with his wonderful toys!!
Man you must be one heck of a bargin shopper or have a very understand and wonderful wife to feed your habit like than man, I'm jealous.

But like goldenbear my wife, friends and family all look at me like I'm nuts sometimes too, especially when taking pictures of food. Mostly they're right.

BigDaddy you left out one of the best was to cook the combination you had. Leave the fish whole and stuff the cavity with lump crabmeat then grill it. Oh brother thats good stuff.

Sounds like a great trip!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:19 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks guys,
I do have a very understanding wife. She let me get all the toys I need. I think the trade off is cooking for her all the time. And I’m always on the look out for good bargins.
G.S., my friends and family look at me the same way, I think we’re all in the same situation…”Grillalholics”

Return to General Discussion