Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint For Us In Kansas City.....Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue

For Us In Kansas City.....Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Best Barbecue in KC & Best Barbecue Shipped Nationwide.

Where---------Martin City (South KC), Overland Park, KS and Downtown KC.

Online--------- http://www.jackstackbbq.com

What-----------Ribs (Pork, Beef, and Lamb), Beef Brisket, Ham, Pork, Turkey, Chicken, & Sausage. Fresh salmon and steaks, from an 8 oz. filet to a 20 oz. Porterhouse. All fish & steaks are grilled to order over a hickory fire.

Simply stated, the best barbecue in Kansas City. The Fiorella family has been doing this since 1957, originally from a small store front barbecue house on old 71 highway, and has expanded to three restaurants under the leadership of the eldest son, Jack Fiorella. They have the largest restaurant-based catering service serving the Kansas City area. They even have a mobile kitchen and a mobile pit that they'll bring to your event.

This is not your regular barbecue house. Their grilled fish and steaks are out of this world. Their own blend of spices make for the most succulent grilled items I have come across since moving to Kansas City in the early 70's.

For the past few years, they've been shipping their barbecue nationwide. Fully cooked and ready to reheat and serve, it's just like sitting down at one of their Kansas City restaurants. So, if you've moved from Kansas City, and need to satisfy that barbecue monkey on your back, give them a call. I send it every 4th of July and Christmas to my folks in Alabama. It's now a family tradition.

If you're coming to town soon, you can surely visit the well-known names like Bryants and Gates. They are fine barbecue joints with good food, but Jack Stack is a full service restaurant, tended by highly-trained servers that will gracefully educate the barbecue novice, and for the barbecue fanatics, they'll get you setup with the best spread in Kansas City. Best of all, they continually win recognition for their large portions, so don't be embarassed if you can't eat the whole Crown Prime Beef Short Rib, I never can either.

Yeah, I love Jack Stack. I've probably paid for one of their restaurants, for as much as I've spent with my family and clients over the years. But, it's the place my clients always want me to take them back to so that thay can get their Jack Stack Barbecue. Corny, sure. Truth, you bet.

If you stop by, tell Jack or his son-in-law Case that Mr. Crown Prime says "Hi". They'll know.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:12 pm

as mentioned jack stack is the best barbecue in kc probably the us, but other than their great meat selection its the side dishes that set this place far above the rest. nobody can contend with barbecue beans , and the cheesey corn is just as good,

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:29 pm
Pep

Wow...that sounds like a commercial!!! You must be a part owner. I agree that Jack Stack, formerly known as Smoke Stack, is the finest Q in KC. If you go, visit the original Martin City location just South of the city near State Line road. Excellent. Of course, as a St. Louisan, we always say Kansas Citians like to go out for Q, while we do it ourselves! Really though, if in St. Louis, try Super Smokers. Featured in Steve's BBQ USA, gotta have their Pork Steaks for a true taste of the midwest!

Post Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:51 pm
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

Super Smokers is good, but they don't have the beans like Smoke Stack. Grew up in KC, but I just moved out of St. Louis after living there for 10 years. Outside of Super Smokers, the only thing close is Bandana's, and they're not really close to Super Smoker's BBQ.

Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:43 pm
Kujbroom

I agree Jack Stacks is the best restaurant BBQ I have had and the prices are not too bad. I just moved here from Germany ( I am in the Military) Jacks Stacks ws highly recommended by everyone I talked when I informed them I was moving to this area. In fact one co-worker told me hids wife wanted to take a trip back to KC just eat there again. I was very pleased:lol:

Post Sun May 15, 2005 5:00 pm
Olathe Griller

Granted, Fiorella's is pretty good. The brisket is excellent and their BBQ beans are almost sinful. Personally, I would consider Oklahoma Joe's as the best in Kansas City. They have the best pulled pork you'll ever have and the smoked sausage is exceptional too. I would put both of their mild and hot sauces over Fiorella's as well.

Post Sat May 28, 2005 2:05 pm

I didn't read all the postings about Jack Fiorella's, but didn't see any mention of their lamb ribs. I can't go there without getting them, even if I have to order them in addition to the meal I want!

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:50 am

Jackstacks is excellent. My favorite is Oklahoma Joes and the fact that it is located in a gas station adds gives it a great atmosphere. Fries to kill for too!

Woody

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:36 am
Zilla medium-rare
medium-rare

I went to Jackstack by Union Station two weeks ago and found it to be way way over priced. Now I don't mind spending a wad on the "best of the best" But this was just not it. I was not impressed. All of the food was pretty good but not great and for the premium price...Forget it. There has to be a place that is more deserving of the "Best in KC" than this place. If not than KC BBQ must not be all it's ed up to be.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:35 pm

if you are eating bbq in kc why would you ever THINK about jacks stack or kc master piece? bryants, gates, rosedale, lc'setc. etc...but never the first two....makes me sad that the world thinks kc q tastes like masterpiece...

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 am
bugahabuc medium
medium

Jack Stack is good, very good, but I'd have to agree with the post above mine.
KC is top of the line, as well as Bryant's.
Not impressed with Gates. It's all hype, really.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:29 pm
Drac rare
rare

I lived in KCMO for about 7+ years and ate around the city.

Jack's beans are to die for, probably of a heart attack mind you. I think the meats are good.

If I could make a dream platter I would put Jack's beans, Hayward’s sausage & Arthur Bryan’s burnt ends on it.

Jim

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:30 pm
STLSmoker rare
rare

Jack Stack is decent, but not real KC BarBQue. I lived in KC for several years. Like a few previous posters said, Bryant's and Oklahoma Joe's are the best. I like Gate's Hot Sauce, but their meat is just ok. I think the award for best beans goes to Winslow's City Market Barbecue. They leave them in for 6 days!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:12 pm
smokin' ed medium-well
medium-well

STLSmoker wrote:
Jack Stack is decent, but not real KC BarBQue. I lived in KC for several years. Like a few previous posters said, Bryant's and Oklahoma Joe's are the best. I like Gate's Hot Sauce, but their meat is just ok. I think the award for best beans goes to Winslow's City Market Barbecue. They leave them in for 6 days!

Wow, I've never heard anyone Smoke Stack wasn't real KC BBQ! I'm starting to wonder what some people think KC BBQ really is.

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:50 am
STLSmoker rare
rare

smokin' ed wrote:
STLSmoker wrote:

Wow, I've never heard anyone Smoke Stack wasn't real KC BBQ! I'm starting to wonder what some people think KC BBQ really is.

I don't know exactly. Something about Fiorella's just doesn't seem authentic. To commercial. Reminds me of KC Masterpiece, a little. Don't get me wrong, their stuff is good.

I consider KC BBQ to be piles of thin slices of meat covered with unique and various sauces with some bread. That's not Jack Stack.
I smoke 2 pigs in time of peace, and 2 in time of war. I smoke 2 pigs before I smoke 2 pigs, and then I smoke 2 more.

Next

Return to Best BBQ Joint