Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How many beer-can chickens can you fit in a Chargriller?

How many beer-can chickens can you fit in a Chargriller?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Rifter well done
well done

OK, my wife has a family reunion coming up next month, and she wants me to make something. I am thinking beer-can chicken is about the most bang for the buck, so I am planning on doing them. I should hopefully have the off-set by then, so I can fill up the main chamber, and put the charcoal and wood in the offset. Does anyone know about the maximum # of chicken that will fit in there?
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:45 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I don't know for certain, because I haven't tried yet but I'll bet that if you take out the warming rack you could fit about 8 of those suckers on there. Z should be able to tell you with more certainty. Heck he's probably done it (and has pictures!). If not shame on you Z.

Regardless I'd love to see the picture of that griller lined up with 8 or so birdies on it!

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:17 pm
Rifter well done
well done

Cool, 8 is what I was guessing. :-) I will be sure to bring the digital camera. :-) I look forward to hearing from Z... and hopefully seeing his pictures.
Kevin 'Rifter' Rank

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:19 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

The most I’ve ever done on the Char-Griller is 4 large chickens; sorry I didn’t take any pictures. You shouldn’t have any problems fitting 8 medium chickens on there. Grand is right, you will have to remove the warming rack. And depending on how large the chickens are, you may have to us a smaller grate in place of the originals. This way you’ll get more clearance between the chickens and the lead.
Here are some pix from my collection that may give you some ideas on the grill's capacity:
A little afternoon snack

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:39 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Z that second picture is MY kind of feast.
There's nothing cooler than a full grill.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:00 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Z, I've been sittin' here looking at those pictures for the last 20 minutes. :shock: Now I have to go to work. I love what you do with that Que!

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:47 pm
goldenbear medium-rare
medium-rare

One word: WOW!

:lol:

Return to General Discussion