Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion GAS GRILLS

GAS GRILLS

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:43 pm
missing link well done
well done

I LIKE TO KNOW IF SOMEONE KNOW WHICH GAS GRILL WEBER MAKE THAT HAS IT ON DEDICATED BURNER SO YOUE CAN ADD WOOD CHIPS SO YOU COULD ADD SOME TO YOUR GS GRILL. I HAVE LOOK BUT CAN NOT FIND THIS INFORMATION SO I,M TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND ASKING FOR SOME HELP WHICH MY WIFE SAID I NEED TO DO MORE OF.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
THE MISSING LINK.
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:46 am
Big D well done
well done

This would be the one and only Weber Summit Gold D.... Myself, Grand Scale and YB2 are all proud owners of this magnificent grill and would be happy to answer andy question about it as well as offer our seal of approval.

This grill, while pricey, is worth every penny. The dedicated smoker burner, 6 main burners as well as rotisserie burner and side burner are simply amazing! I have never had a better grill in my life and Weber has to have one of the top custoemr service programs around in addition to an abdudance of parts avalible if needed

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:57 am
MrTrat rare
rare

I have the Genesis Gold and was thinking of buying the Smoker attachment......is it worth the money (approx 100 bucks) or is using a smoker pouch just as effective? What would the key advantage of the dedicated smoker attachment be?

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:20 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

First let me say that there is a great post around here somewhere on this topic. I think its called Smoking on a Gas Grill or something like that. But to answer the question at hand Big D is Right. The Summit line all have the dedicated smoker burner. However any burner that doesn't have meat over it can be used for a smoker burner. If you have 4 burners use 1 for the smoke and 2,3,4 for cooking. Or if you're looking for low indirect you can probably just use the same one that you're smoking with. I don't know what all is included in the Weber smoker attachment but for $100 bucks it probably worth it. What I like about the dedicated burner is that it stays lower than a main burner set to low.
Hope this helps.

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:06 am
MrTrat rare
rare

Thanks Grand Scale.....you must be fed up with the same questions again and again!

Perhaps a FAQ or top 10 most referenced threads list would be a good idea.

I found the link and it was very useful.

Didn't realise you could put a pouch on the grate.......never seen smoker boxes on sale over here.......

still not sure exactly how the weber smoker attachment works on a three burner though! i.e. if you are using one and three I guess you shove the chips to the top and bottom....

If I buy the Weber "Smoke n'Chips" attachment I'll let you know....

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Never get tired of answering questions, thats why we get paid the big bucks...HA! Seriously its all for the love of good food. Plus sometimes we even think of new answers.
I'm glad you found the link and what you were looking for.

A FAQ section with Top ten questions is a great idea. (Amy o' Mistress of the Flame, are you watching?)

Try Amazon for a smoker box. I know they carry them and ship internationally.
At the same time pouches still do the trick nicely.

I'm not quite sure about what you're asking at the end there with the chips on the top and the bottom. Give it another shot and maybe we can help.

Post Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:36 pm
missing link well done
well done

Thinks for the help.

now I know which grill has what I was looking for in a gas grill.

This help me to make a decision on to buy me a gas grill are to stay with my reliable weber kettle grill and my 2 smoker.

thanks,
missing link.
Have Fun and keep it Low and Slow.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:55 am
MrTrat rare
rare

Grand Scale - what I meant about the chips was that from what I can make out (http://www.webergrill.com/products/gasacc.htm) the Steam n'Chips smoker kit sits perpendicular to the three gas burners. So, I'd imagine that if you are indirect grilling with the middle grill turned off, then it might be necessary to push the wood chips to the top and bottom of the smoker groove because there'd be no heat from the middle burner to smoke the chips in the centre ;-)

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:58 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Ok I'm with you now.
You probable won't have to shift the wood as much as you think. Once you get it going it'll keep on smoldering on its own with just the radiant heat from the grill. I'm guessing you won't have to push them around much. But if you do then it would be easy to do.
Just be aware that you may have to use just 1 burner only to get the "low" in low and slow. I'd use the front with the meat at the back. Why? The back is where gas grill vents are. This way will draw the heat across you food.

Good luck.

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:12 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Grand,

The Summit Silver C also has a dedicated smoker burner. I've been drooling on it all summer long. :)
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:19 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well there ya go!

Dark you just need to wait until the Eveil orage empire gives you one of their employee discount cupons and get one.

All you have to do is back a tow motor into it the day before, buy the damaged floor model with your discount coupon. Then call Weber customer support and get a new lid. Easy.

But you didn't hear that from me. :wink:

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:43 pm
CRUBOS raw
raw

8) I have to agree the Weber Summit Gold "D" is the best Bar-B-Que I have ever owned. The smoker box is to one side of the grill with its own temperature control. This is great when you have to cook indirect style. There is no heat under your meat to burn it.Compared to other quality brands it is by far the best for your money. It may not be as pretty as the other S/S Ques but the qulity and cooking control it truely the best. Good Luck
Crubos

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:06 pm
PaulP well done
well done

I have the Weber Steam 'n Chips (a really bad name), and it works better that I was ever able to get a cast iron box or a pouch to work. It has triangular notches so it sits down over the flavorizer bars, thus exposing more of the chips to the direct heat. It akso is meant to sit immediately above the crossover ignition burner. The trick is to run the grill with all burners on high until you see smoke, then reduce the heat or turn burners off. Once started, the chips or chunks seem to keep going with the aid of the heat from the crossover burner.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:08 am
Shep

Hi,

I also have the Weber Steam n' Chips smoker box on my Genesis Silver B and love it!

Like mentioned above... the burner cross over which runs along the left side vertically will keep the wood burning even with any of the main burners shut off for indrect heating. I have only used pellets so far since I can't find wood chunks around and they give off a lot of smoke for a long time. The smoker box will take up some of the cooking space and it comes with the box and a smaller grate so it all fits perfectly.

Definitely worth the 100 beans!

Cheers

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:39 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

thanks Paul and Shep for sharing, eventhough I have one on my D built in I was really curious how that setup works. It sounds like its a great add on.
Mr. Trat - Paul is one of our regulars around here and if he says it works for him then to me that means buy it.

Return to General Discussion