Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Long Handled Grill Brush

Long Handled Grill Brush

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:43 am
Matt

Does anyone know where I can find a long handled grill brush? I'm currently using a Webber 18" w/ brass bristles. I'd like to stay with the brass bristles for my stainless steel grates but I want a brust with a bigger head and need a longer handle! I'm tired of burning the hair off my knuckles. Any help and suggestion would be appreciated!

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:52 am
stripegrill medium
medium

I've had luck at both my local hardware store and Home Depot and Lowe's. If you are not adverse to spending extra money, try Williams Sonoma.

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:46 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

I have seen long handled brushes at many stores, such as Wal-Mart or Meijer department stores. Since I didn't need one I'm not sure of the prices. I know that some stores are starting to clear out summer inventory...Might be able to find one at a reasonable price.

Pete

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:02 pm
Matt

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately that is what I've got now. I'm using the Weber 18" brush that I bought at Lowe's. It's just not what I'm looking for. I've seen the one Steve uses on his BBQU show (it looks like a two handed snow scraper for your car windshield) but I have no idea where to find it or one like it.
I hope someone can help me find it or one like it, I'm starting to worry the smell of singed hair will taint me grill!

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:29 pm
lightitup raw
raw

Hey, I'm tryin to find that big grill brush that Steven uses too! I want to get one and can't find where to buy one. If anyone has info on where to get one it would be much appreciated!

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:03 pm
Brody rare
rare

Until you find the brush you want, you might want to use large oven mitts while scraping. I find that really helps.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:26 am
Matt

Thanks for all the advice.
For those of you looking for one like Steve's here's the answer:
I wrote the man himself and he responded that they are working on "bringing it to the market". He didn't give any sense of when or where though.
In the meantime I think I've found a stopgap solution, brush makers call it a pizza oven brush, when combined with a chopped off handle it just might work!
So hurry up Steve we're waiting...Until then its Brush envy for us average joe's...

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:59 pm

For anyone interested...
I've seen advertised, or a story on some website or magazine about a grill brush that uses a steel scourer rather than the typical brass or steel bristle brush. It was rated as the favorite of the person doing the reviewing but I don't remember where I saw the article. I'll check into it. Anyway, I went out and purchase some steel scouring pads (by rubbermaid) and they work fabulously! Much better than how my scraper or brush ever worked. I've been trying to find a brush similar to this but have not been able to... I'll let you know.
:D Spoon_Gouge :D

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:44 pm
Matt

I found it!!

http://www.grilllovers.com/shopItemDeta ... CD30SBACTE

This is the brush baby!!

Thanks for everyones help and advise!

Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:01 am
Vinny Fla.

Just to let all of you people know who inquired about a long handle brush. Until Steve gets some on his website, i found a quick solution. Go online and look for a pizza oven brush. They are about 15 to 20 bucks...but well worth it!!!!!!!

Return to General Discussion