Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Opinions Wanted

Opinions Wanted

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:01 am

We are interested in hearing people's opinions on a new product. The product is a skewer for barbecuing kabobs. The skewer will have a "Pushette" on the end of the skewer that will be used to push the cooked food onto the plate without burning the fingers or flinging food across the table. Give us your opinion on this new topic, Thanks

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:14 am
flints rare
rare

What excactly would it look like? I take it it would start at the handle end and push down? If the meat is stuck to the skewer, wouldn't the pushette smash the meat at the top?

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:30 am

The skewer would have a handle that is held with one hand and the pushette would be slid down the skwer with the other hand. You will not have the problem of smashing the food because the food will be removed from the skewer as you slide the pushette down the skewer.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:54 pm

WON'T THE PUSHETTE GET HOT AND BURN YOUR HANDS DURING FOOD REMOVAL?
eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we'll die

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:41 pm
A Friend

This product already exists.
http://store.yahoo.com/villagestore/shsk.html
Is just one source that already sells these.
However I for one am always in favor of building a better mouse trap.
Good Luck.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:03 pm
Longmill

I see someone posted a note that this product already exits.

There might be a better market if you fabricate the "pushette" as an accessory. Offer it with a couple of variations in the center hole to accomodate the most commonly available skewers.

That said, I don't know how much market is really out there for these. It's to easy to fabricate the same thing from a crumbled wad of aluminum foil, metal bottle caps (6 oz classic Coke in the hourglass shaped bottle), or other materials.

Call me frugal, but I probably wouldn't buy it. Sorry..... don't mean to put a damper on your idea, but you did ask and this is my HO.

Longmill

Return to General Discussion