Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials The BEST Forum

The BEST Forum

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:38 am
vfxtrev medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey everyone...

Just want to let all the regular visitors and moderators of these Barbecue forums know that this is the best forum I have ever been a part of. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. I get the feeling that BBQ'ers are just great all-around people. Big thanks to anyone that is willing to share their knowledge of grilling -- especially Steven and all the moderators for helping make this site possible.

You know I have been grilling and enjoying BBQ for a long time, but only very recently, started reading Steven books and visiting this site. I love Bullseye BBQ sauce and I used to slather (and I mean, SLATHER) it on my steak before grilling... my steaks always turned out pretty good - i'm not bad at getting a medium rare cook. However, while reading the BBQ Bible, I got really interested in dry rubs and marinades. Recently, I got my hands on a container of KEG Steak Spice which serves as a great quick rub for yer steak. I used that and only that for grilling. My steak turned out so good, I hardly needed any sauce with my steak.

I will be getting a my own Weber Performer grill and I am very excited about learning and trying out more new things. Again, you guys all rock and thank you for helping point me in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Trevor :D

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:23 am
LowRider rare
rare

you'll love the peformer. The table comes in really handy and the ash catcher is nice. I immediately bought the weber cover for it and it sits on my patio all year round cooking pork shoulders, ribs, smoked salmon, whole chickens, etc, etc.

enjoy!

Return to Testimonials