Board index Barbecue Board FAQs and How-To's Member Recipes

Member Recipes

From board specific to BBQ specific and back again, all the information you'll need to enjoy your stay here or in your backyard.

Post Mon May 08, 2006 1:53 am
Attrill well done
well done

Tonight I smoked and then grilled sausage stuffed dates wrapped in bacon. Incredible!

I used dates, thick cut bacon, and merguez beef sausage (any spicy sausage will do, chorizo would be perfect, and even hamburger with loads of paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, etc. would do the same thing).

I sliced the dates down the middle and removed the pit, I stuffed a small amout of sausage (a couple teaspoons) in to fill it, then wrapped once in bacon and stuck a toothpick in to keep the bacon in place.

I smoked them over the hottest part of the smoker for about 15 minutes (around 300-350) and then grilled them in the friebox for five minutes turning them frequently.

I can't even begin to describe how incredible they tasted. Enjoy with the beverage of your choice :D

Post Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

You can see some recipes already posted on the board at this link:

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2468

Post Thu May 18, 2006 1:36 pm

Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates=Good
I think I finally found a religion besides grilling.
Just here to learn

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:12 pm
PaulP well done
well done

Here's a marinade for shrimp that I developed recently.

3/4 cup off-dry white wine (such as Semollon, Pinot Grigio or Reisling)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning (more if you wish)

- Split shrimp shells down the back and remove the vein. Leave shells on
- Mix all ingredients and whisk to dissolve as much as possible.
- Marinate shrimp for 1 hour
- Skewer and grill as usual.

Makes enough for 1 - 1 1/2 lbs shrimp
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:50 pm
Chez Yerbouti medium
medium

Got this from another website, so good it had to be shared.

Cherry Cola Glaze
4--12 oz cans cherry cola (flat)
2 cups cherry jam or preserves
2/3 cup Dijon mustard with horseradish
2 tab apple cider vinegar
1 tab hot pepper sauce
3 tab soy sauce

Boil flat cherry cola in heavy saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1 1/2 cups...about 45 minutes. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups....about 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Cool to room temperature before using.

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:22 pm
mzungu70 well done
well done

hi

hmmmmmm all sound great .........

enjoy

dave
I Bar-B-Q to live and live to Bar-B-Q

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:46 pm
Chez Yerbouti medium
medium

Not so much a recipe from scratch but a jumping point from Steves basic bbq sauce.
Just add about 1/4 cup of whiskey (more or less to your discretion, I used Knob Hill, but I'm sure JD, Makers Mark or any other will do the job)
2 tsp of ground cumin (more if you like, of course)
and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.

cook as directed in the book (15 mins at a slow simmer does it nice), and you have some really tasty and unique bbq sauce.

Enjoy, and by the way, this goes really good on a roast beef sandwich. :P

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:40 am
Attrill well done
well done

Here's a base marinade I use for chicken and pork tenderloin.

1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbs honey or tamarind sauce
6-8 crushed garlic cloves
Pepper to taste (NO salt, the soy has that covered)

For Chicken I add about 1/4 cup grated ginger
For Pork I add a chopped sprig of rosemary

I've also had good luck adding hot sauces, pick a peppa sauce, or Worcestershire sauce to the mix.

If you can get tamari instead of soy sauce do 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of oil to 1/2 cup of tamari and keep everything else the same.

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 am
Chez Yerbouti medium
medium

Sauce is:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
1 tablespoon fresh diced garlic
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoons of fresh chopped dill
salt to taste

beef:
2-3lb center cut tenderloin (pricey piece of meat)
1/2 lb baby spinach washed/drained
6 bacon strips
3 tablespoons of rasins
3 tablespoons of fresh diced garlic

Mix and whisk the sauce and put in the fridge, pull it out 20 mins prior to meal.

Meat should be taken from fridge about 30 mins prior to prep. Remove silver and extra fat
Cook bacon, reserve all but 3 tablespoons of fat, cook garlic in pan for about 30 seconds, add spinach stir until wilted (1 - 2 mins) Put spinach mixture in med bowl, add raisins, crumble bacon, stir and sit to get to room temp.

take a thin knife (boning knife, etc) and push through center of meat, twist knife to form a nice hole. do this on both ends, push spinach mixture through the hole, using a wooden spoon end to compact it in.
It should be pretty stuffed by the time you're finished. tie down with cooking string to form a compact tube.

Sear meat 3 mins a side x 4 (aka turn it 4 times during searing) over med-high heat. once searing is done, cook over indirect heat for 20 - 30 mins to prefered doneness. I cooked mine to about 145 - 150 degrees.
Let sit for 10 mins, slice into 1 inch rounds and enjoy

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:33 pm
Big 12 BBQ rare
rare

Competition Beans

1# pinto beans
3 Tbs pinto bean seasoning
2 Tbs onion powder
1/4 cup balsamic vinager
1 Tbs cracked black pepper
1 Tbs worcestire sauce
1 Tbs kosher salt
1 tsp minced garlic
pinch of rosemary
pinch of italian seasoning

Soak beans overnight. Add all ingredients, except salt, and boil until tender. Add salt towards end of cooking process.
WSM
I traded my CG for a set of golf clubs
GO 20 GO

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:23 am
obuchiteck

You all are killing me. UHG. I'm reading this at work and I'm getting so hungry.. LOL

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:46 pm
Drac rare
rare

Since I'm new here my ante. It's not very complicated, uses the KISS idea, and may not hold up to the other recipes but it works for our family.

Warning this is a high sugar sauce and will make a royal mess of your grill but I have yet to have someone not like it and it works on chicken, pork ribs, thinly sliced beef and baked beans.

Drouillard Family Sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp mustard

Doesn't seem like much but works great for anyone who has tried it. Use the mustard you like best, I prefer Grey Pupons Country Dijon Mustard. Since it's a simple recipe it allows for a lot of changing. I like mine sweet & spicy so I use more mustard & sugar. My parents like it tangier so they use more ketchup. One guy I know liked his salty so he added soy sauce.

Unless you have a hobby of baking a lot of pastries (this weekend I have plans for two mousse cakes and a fuzzy naval cheese cake plus some candy making for Christmas) and go through brown sugar fast I recommend microwaving it a few seconds to break up the clumps of sugar.

Jim

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:57 pm

:D This is a rub recipe that I invented myself and have had many people rave on how good it is. Try it out and let me know if you like it. Its not a very spicy rub because many people in my family cant handle the heat. But you can always add more chili powder or red pepper to it to kick it up a notch or two! You can also add a 1/2 cup of your favorite spice and make the recipe you're own, the sky's the limit! :lol: :wink:

1. 4 Cups Dark or Light Brown Sugar
2. 1½ Cups Salt
3. ½ Cup Chili Powder
4. ½ Cup Old Bay seasoning
5. ½ Cup Onion or garlic powder
6. ½ Cup Paprika
7. ½ Cup Cumin
8. ½ Cup Italian seasoning (made by McCormick)(Basil,oregano,sage,savory,rosemary,thyme,marjoram)
9. ¼ Cup black pepper

Mix Seasoning together and store in air tight plastic container otherwise it can slowly turn into a brick in the container from all the brown sugar hardening (if it does just break it up with a wooden spoon handle).
Makes around 1½ Quarts of seasoning.

Apply to ribs the 1-2 nights before cooking and store in aluminum foil in the fridge(the longer the better in my book).
Cook ribs 6-8 hours at 210 degrees in Oven/grille/smoker or untill meat falls off bone or bone turns easily in meat. If you do it in an oven leave the ribs wrapped in the foil from the fridge. If you smoke the ribs I reccomend Mesquite chips,or for a milder flavor you can use hickory,apple or cherry wood. Here is a site with a plethora of different kinds of smoking wood including citrus woods. http://www.barbecuewood.com/StoreFront.bok
Enjoy!

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:40 pm
outagas well done
well done

Barbecue Turkey Soup

Adapted from Penzeys recipe for Barbecue Chicken Soup.

3-4 cups shredded smoked or BBQ'd turkey
8 Cups water (or poultry stock if you've got it)
2 carrots
2 WHOLE TURKISH BAY LEAVES
6 WHOLE BLACK PEPPERCORNS
1 TB. vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1-1/2 tsp. Barbecue rub of your choice
3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp. GRANULATED GARLIC POWDER
2 tsp. PARSLEY
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground BLACK PEPPER
2 tsp. CHICKEN SOUP BASE (Omit this if using poultry stock)

Place the turkey, water, carrots, BAY LEAVES, and PEPPERCORNS in a large soup kettle. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 to 45 minutes. You want to simmer the turkey long enough to warm it through and release the spices from the turkey into the water to make a stock. Remove the turkey to a bowl and strain the stock, discarding the whole spices and carrots. Return the stock to the soup kettle and heat over medium.

Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions and barbecue rub. Fry the onions until they are soft. Add the onions, tomatoes, and the remaining seasonings to the soup stock. If desired, puree with an immersion blender until the tomatoes are liquified. Add potatoes to soup. When the turkey has cooled enough to handle, shred the meat and add it to the pot. In a separate bowl, dissolve the CHICKEN SOUP BASE in a ladle of hot soup (omit this step if starting with stock). Pour the mixture back into the pot and simmer until the potatoes are tender.

Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Serves: 8-10
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:39 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

BBcue-Z wrote:
Here is my favorite:

Spinach Feta Pizza
extra-virgin olive oil for the dough and for drizzling
Grilled chicken cut into strips
1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 cup feta crumbles
2 boxes, frozen spinach, defrosted
Salt black pepper to taste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 jars roasted red peppers, drained
10 to 12 pitted Greek olives
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Follow the same steps as any grilled pizza. The only thing I do differently is cook the pizza indirectly after placing the topping on it, so all the cheese melt and toppings heat through.

Have you ever made Calzones on the grill? They come up really good.

I took the liberty of reposting this here.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

PreviousNext

Return to FAQs and How-To's