Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New to the Forum

New to the Forum

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:57 pm
rearres raw
raw

Hello from northern Canada.

I have been BBQing for a number of years and it is only after I got "How to Grill" and "The BBQ Bible" that I have entered a new dimesion. I BBQ on just about every night that I can and have even cooked breakfast and lunch when the temp hit near 100F(or 35C for us stuck with metric). There is something to be said when you serve up bacon and eggs cooked on the cue. One of the best so far has to be the beer can chicken.I tried the Buffalo Wings and they were a big hit at the last party. I even do walleye on the bbq and it is delicious.

I am now looking for recipes for bison or buffalo. I have tried one that I have found and now would like to expand my horizons. If anyone has any ideas or links to wbsites that have buffalo recipes, please let me know.

I am looking forward to some replies.

Thanks
rearres

Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:48 pm
Longmill

Welcome from the southeast US. Howdy neighbor!

I don't have any info, but suspect that you can use beef recipes and instructions. May have to adjust the internal temperature. ??

To expand your breakfast cooking, add a cast iron griddle to your outdoor cooking equipment collection. Set it across your grill grates. Nothing much better than pancakes off the grill and a cup of coffee before the sun starts heating up the morning.

Early morning is the best time of day for outdoor cooking. While good cooking can be done anytime, there's something special about early morning before the world wakes up.

Longmill

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:44 pm
chagan well done
well done

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:44 pm
stl-rich rare
rare

If it does, I sugggest injecting it.

Injecting is super easy and adds a ton of moisture and flavor.

Go to your local supermarket and look by the barbecue sauce - they will probably have at least one "injection sauce" complete with a syringe. Buy one - then you have a syringe and needle - you might even use the sauce - ore make your own!

Return to General Discussion