Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How many racks of baby backs?

How many racks of baby backs?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:33 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Z,

Where those rack's in the general cookware dept. at Target, or did you find them in the grill area?

Question #2 : Are there any cooking related gadget's that you DON'T have :P YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:51 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

YB2,
Actually I found them in the baking section, they were next to the pizza pans.
For your 2nd question: No there aren’t, I probably have every kitchen related item (not just grill related). You should see my garage; it probably looks like a kitchen gadget museum. Cooking is my passion. :)

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:15 pm

I'm :mrgreen: with envy!! YB2

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:19 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Hey Z, I'm the green guy above, forgot to log in. YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:34 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Update:

16 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (fresh)
18 lbs sirloin burgers (frozen)
15-18 racks of baby backs (purchased tomorrow)

Tomorrow night I will pull the membranes and rub the ribs. I'll be in early on Friday morning to start the ribs and marinate the chicken. I'll keep you guys posted. I may need advice on the "nnnnn" ribs as they cook.

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:00 am
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Update 2:

I was moving the truck to the front off the house last night after loading the smoker. I didn't tie it down because there was still some things I needed to do. Pull the truck around to the front of the house and the smoker rolled out of the bed and into the street. :oops: Spent lunch and 1 hour after work repairing the smoker for the feast. It's almost 9:00 pacific time, the ribs are demembraned and have rub applied. The chicken is marinating, and the smoker is ready. I'll be in at 7:00 tomorrow morning to start the madness. What a week!!!. :

Did I mention one of the shops neighbors thought I was stealing his car this morning? :shock: That's a whole other story......

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:31 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Good Luck on your cook out today,
Hopefully you won’t have any more mishaps. And let us know if you need any help. Don’t forget the camera. :)

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:34 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Once those ribs are on the plate it'll all be worthwhile.

At least the smoker didn't get runover by a stolen car. :lol:

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:09 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

By now your equipment is fired up and meat's starting to hit the grates. Hope the rest of your cook runs smoothly and everyone has a great time!

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:40 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Wow I survived :D . The ribs came out excellent. The first bunch off could have cooked longer, not quite tender enough. The others sat and cooked a little longer and came out great. I must say nnnnn ribs are mmm good. I have some pictures I will post soon. Thanks again to everybody for making this a success.

Eric

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:47 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Eric,
Congrats on your success. I’m glad it turned out well for you. Now you can do this anytime with no sweat. :)

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:52 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Hopefully it will be a while before I do that many ribs at one time. I need a bigger smoker to do that regularly. I must say it was great to spend the majority of my work day queing and getting paid for it. The best part is I don't have to clean up the mess!!!

Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:10 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Eric I'm sure their are many of us that have never tried the "nnnnn" method, or even knew about it for that matter. Good on you for launching out into new territory and making it work :D . Glad to hear all went well and looking forward to the pictures!

Previous

Return to General Discussion