Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials COUSIN DAVE'S GRILL-TOP SHRIMP "BOIL"

COUSIN DAVE'S GRILL-TOP SHRIMP "BOIL"

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:55 pm
WhereRu raw
raw

Oh my GAWD! Steven has made me the neighborhood hero! I saw him make the Grill-Top Shrimp Boil on TV on Saturday. Bought BBQ Bible and BBQU books on Sunday (next payday will buy "Sauces" and "How to Grill"). Made the Shrimp Boil on Tuesday! Since I live by myself I called 2 different neighbors and fed 5 adults and 6 kids. There is no describing how delicious this recipe is. The flavors from the dark corn syrup, heavy cream, reduced beer, cajun spices, it goes on and on! I did not have 10u shrimp so I had to use 12-16u. Still plenty big for people to say "My, those are big shrimp you have...." Man o man, I am rambling but really, putting these shrimp in your mouth is SINFUL! I cooked hot spicy Italian sausage just like the show but cut them in to bite size pieces then placed them in the sauce. I even took the extra step to make a nice presentation of it all and man THEY WERE IMPRESSED! I am an instant believer, convert, evangelist, whatever you want me to be. Steven R. freakin' rocks! Most impressive of all... my shrimp coming off the grill were so beautifully butterflied out they looked just like the ones that Steven did on TV!
Fire it up!

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:32 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Welcome to the board and congrats on your grill top shrimp boil. I must warn you, though, others won't believe you if you don't have pictures as proof. They will say if there are no pictures, it didn't happen. :lol: Enjoy his books and continue to post up about your successes. 8)

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:47 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board WhereRu! :D

Hope to hear of many more successes. 8)

Return to Testimonials