Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion NOT LONG NOW!

NOT LONG NOW!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:57 am
Big D well done
well done

Well its only 22 days to Canada Day (July 1st) and obviously not much longer to Independence Day. I know this has been mentioned in previous posts but I thought I would revive the topic now that we are getting closer to the big day as I enjoy hearing peoples plans.

Also I think it would be fun to encourage a friendy BBQ photo contest between us all as I know we all love pictures.

I am very excited for the big day as yesterday I placed a special order with my butcher and bargained him down to what I feel it an extremly resonable deal.

I ordered a 20-25lb suckling pig which I will do on the Gold D (I wanted a full size pig roast but I have been commisioned for one later) plus I placed an order for 25lbs of ground beef, yes 25lbs of ground beef. Pork normally goes for $3.99/lb and the beef $2.99/lb in this area (CDN dollars obviously). But since I am getting such a large order I convinced him to give it to me for $3.00/lb and $2.00 respectivly. Plus I got 2 dozen t-bones and 5 Porterhouses which will be dry aged 42 days ( I picked out nice big juicy ones that had been aging 20 days already). the menu also calls for 6 beer can chicken a few dozen or so lobsters and BBQ corn, BBQ cabbage and chilli in a BBQ onion aswell as an assortment salads and grilled vergtables for for sides.

For appetizers I will serve Shrimp on the Barbie and and grilled lobster tails and for dessert Banna's Flambee ala home made ice cream and Cocco locco Brulee.

All throughout the afternoon I will also be serving a vary large assortment of hot dogs and sasuages on demand. Oh and the 25lbs of beef is to make Big D's Collasal Heart Stoppers which are 1/2lb of ground beef wrapped around garilc butter and wrapped in 2 full strips of bacon... of courses some binders and other ingredients such as gratedcheese mixed in with the beef.

We also have tons of fireworks and boating activities, lots of booze and tons o fun

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:09 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Now thats a party!!
Please let me know how the D makes out with te piggie. Are you putting it on the rotis or are you betterflieng it? I've been thinking about trint hte same but just haven't done it yet. Please take pictures.

Whith your D tied up what other rigs are you using to cook all tha food? You'll have a setup that rivals BBcue-Z's!

Please take lots of pictures!

Sounds like a Grand Party!!

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:53 pm
Big D well done
well done

I think I will butterfly the pig... as for other rigs I have a Summit Gold C (my buddies) and the place where we are having it has a few grills (another friends). I am not sure what they are... but 2 are gas and one is an offset barrel smoker...

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:19 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Please oh please take lots of pictures. Seeing that many Golds in one spot plus that many other grills/smokers and that much food is enough to give me chills. Throw in some Cohibas and you're just a tease.
Enjoy brother, I'm green with envy.

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:49 pm
chagan well done
well done

Grand Scale wrote:
Now thats a party!!
Please let me know how the D makes out with te piggie. Are you putting it on the rotis or are you betterflieng it? I've been thinking about trint hte same but just haven't done it yet. Please take pictures.

Whith your D tied up what other rigs are you using to cook all tha food? You'll have a setup that rivals BBcue-Z's!

Please take lots of pictures!

Sounds like a Grand Party!!

Have you been dumpster diving again GS, or the spell check just broke for the day? :D

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:19 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Me fail English?!? That's unpossible!

I may not be able to spell, but I can cook!

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:12 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Just when I thought I would never see a reference to Ralph Wiggam posted here, there it is. Thanks GS for the laugh!

Info

Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:49 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Me thinks I sense another Simpson's Fan in our webmistress...

I have more Simpsons crap that you can imagine, I have a whole shrine to them in my basement. I almost bought the Simpsins Special edition Charcoal Grill several years ago when they had it out. But I knew I'd never use it. And What good is a grill thats never used?

"Come to Homer's BBBQ. The extra B is for BYOBB." "What's that extra B for?" "That's a typo."

Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:14 am
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Well, I haven't gotten my menu together yet, but it sound's like I should be heading toward's Canada :lol: . You certainly will be treating your guest's well Big D. I'm really interested to see how the lil' Porker does on the "D" as well. YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:01 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Big D I'm hangin' on the edge of my seat waiting for the report and hopefully loads of pics! Hope all went well.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:42 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob If D 's party went as well as I suspect it did they still may be celebrating or at the very least sleeping. I suspect we won't be hearing from our buddy for at least anothr day or so.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:52 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Grand, that's what I'm thinkin' as well, just wanted to nudge him a little. :wink: I know that when you wake up the party's still not over...there's a lot of cleanin' up to do :lol:

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:55 am
Big D well done
well done

see my post Report on CAnada DAy post ;)

Return to General Discussion