Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion 1 of 2 done… Thanks for all the advice...

1 of 2 done… Thanks for all the advice...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
BigDaddy medium
medium

Well I did the first of two graduation parties I committed to do for friends. This one was the smaller of the two. I did 4 Beer Can Chickens and 8 tri-tips… everything came out awesome. The new Char-Griller worked flawlessly. Used the side firebox and keep the temp between 225 – 250. 4 (4lb) chickens took me about 2 hours 10 min. The tri-tips we did on two different Webbers and they took, right at 50 min. with indirect heat.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice… Especially BBcue-Z for getting me up and running with the Char-Griller… I got a lot of complements on the unit also. I wanted to take pics., but my wife was out of town and took the digital camera. I'll get some next week.

Next week is the big one… looking at 18 tri-tips and 50 pieces of chicken… wish me luck.

JC
Last edited by BigDaddy on Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:31 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Nice work BigDaddy,

Glad to hear your cook was such a success, and that the Char-Griller performed well for you. I'm sure your next cook will be a breeze for you. Best wishes! YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:32 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BigDaddy thanks fo rthe report. Sounds like all went well and you're starting to get comfortable with you new equipment. You mentioned that your friend was concerned about smoked foods...Did you add any smoke to them? If so what did he think of the?

Looking forward to the pics from next week!!! Hoping all goes just as great (or even better) next weekend! Good luck.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:41 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Oh… we met in the middle. I used Mesquite lump charcoal in the side firebox. It only smoked a little when I added. I have to admit, the flavor was real nice on the chicken (Mild, but nice)… now he’s up to trying something with more flavor. I think I’ll do some ribs on it in the next couple weeks and lay some good smoke to them and have them try those.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:56 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Big Daddy,

Do you race a Legends car?

Congrats on the Char griller. Sounds like you are off to a good start with tatsty food. You'll love doing the ribs.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:05 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Naa. I'm on a NASCAR Grand Nat. West Team.

www.lynchracingteam.com

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:05 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

You’re welcome JC,
I’m glad your first run went well. I hope your next cook out will turn out great as well. I can’t wait to see the pix.
Good Luck!

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:28 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Very cool. I've been road racing for quite a few years. There is a legends car and the crew all wears shirts that have your signature slogan on them. I thought you may have been part of thier team.

Return to General Discussion