Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials First time for Grilled Pineapple

First time for Grilled Pineapple

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:06 pm
Woodbutcher68 well done
well done

I did Grilled Pineapple at work today using the recipe from "How To Grill". I should have bought two pineapples. Everbody loved it. The only problem was that I cut it into 1/4" thick pieces, they were breaking apart as I handled them. Next time, I'll cut them 1/2" thick.
Thanks for the great books Steven!
Perfect Flame 5 Burner
CG SuperPro w/SFB and RiboLator

Post Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:48 pm

Oh man, I made some yesterday too. LOVED IT. But I made the same mistake and cut them too thin. Next time I cut them to about 1/2".

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:19 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I love grilling pineapple. Wait till you try the grilled pound cake!

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:11 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

I've grilled pineapple several times and have loved it each time. I usually do spears or chunks (skewered) because it's quicker for me to clean the fruit that way.

Here's a quick glaze I created that really turned out well. The Tabasco bite goes great with the sweet fruit, IMO:

4 tbs butter
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup orange juice
    Tabasco (or other pepper sauce) to taste
    dash salt
    dash pepper

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the brown sugar and orage juice and stir until smooth and the sugar is melted. Add the salt, pepper, and Tabasco and reduce until it's a thick consistency, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup. Adjust the salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Remove from the heat, let cool, and pour over pineapple pieces in a bowl, coating the pineapple well.Grill over medium heat until the pineapple is browned on all sides, turning occasionally.

I served it with Vanilla Ice cream and the leftover glaze.

Grillslinger wrote:
I love grilling pineapple. Wait till you try the grilled pound cake!

Tried that this evening and had a few problems. I burned the first few pieces of cake because the grill was too hot. :oops: I also had to use rum as I didn't have tequilla. Oh well. Gives me an excuse to try again, doesn't it?

TX Sandman

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:15 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board TX Sandman! :D

Always good to see a fellow Texan on the forum. 8)

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:11 am
TX Sandman well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Welcome to the board TX Sandman! :D

Always good to see a fellow Texan on the forum. 8)

Thanks for the welcome. :D Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more than burnt toast. :wink:

Rob - TX Sandman

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:07 pm
Dawgbytez medium
medium

I had a few slices of pineapple left over after my grilled pineapple upside down cake and thought, I'll toss em on the grill and see what happens. I grilled them over direct heat about 2 minutes on each side then brushed them with the butter/brown sugar mixture I used for the cake and grilled them another 2 minutes on each side....They tasted phenomenal and were a perfect compliment to the Memphis style ribs I smoked. I took pics to post but they were mysteriously deleted from my digital camera :x

I will be grilling more soon and pics will follow!!!
CG User #281

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:35 pm
Freelander medium
medium

Grilled pineapple is always a big hit at my house. served some last evening with a dollup of vanilla mascapone......there were no leftovers.
Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Return to Testimonials