Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Rotis set-up for Weber Kettle

New Rotis set-up for Weber Kettle

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:32 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4305746903

Came across this looking for something else.

Little more money but kind of interesting.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:32 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Yard, Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, I just went out and bought the Weber made rotisserie for the kettle grill. I am going to use it for the first time this evening. I will post the results.

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:43 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

ThrRoff, I prefer using my ring to BCC :D Besides, the genuine article is only a Jefferson or so more and I've had Weber replace my motor free fo charge already (my mitsake not theirs!).

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:56 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Yard and Airfoils. Good report on the new rotisserie: I did a chicken and made a turmeric rub for under and on the skin, and stuffed the cavity with lemons and lots of garlic. I added hunks of apple wood to the charcoal as the cooking progressed and sprayed with apple juice when ever it looked dry. The chamber settled at about 400 degrees, and it took an hour and 10 minutes to reach 175 on the inside. My wife pronounced it the best chicken she has ever had. This is good. You could really taste the apple smoke.

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:11 pm
AndyC medium-rare
medium-rare

Hey now, thats one fine lookin bird there! Nice job.
My BBQ/Grilling log - http://catertots.net/

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:50 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I thought I smelled something tonight Larry.

Looks great! Easily room for another bird on there as well!
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:20 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Hey Larry great job on that chicken! Thanks for sharing. :D

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:00 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Rob, There is plenty of room for two chickens. And with the ring, there would be plenty of room for two beer can chickens. Decisions decisions.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:22 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

As long as there's room on one end of the "Grillin' Patio" for a cooler of beer at one end and a serving table for bourbon on the other we're all set!
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:50 am
Airfoils well done
well done

ThrRoff wrote:
Yard and Airfoils. Good report on the new rotisserie: I did a chicken and made a turmeric rub for under and on the skin, and stuffed the cavity with lemons and lots of garlic. I added hunks of apple wood to the charcoal as the cooking progressed and sprayed with apple juice when ever it looked dry. The chamber settled at about 400 degrees, and it took an hour and 10 minutes to reach 175 on the inside. My wife pronounced it the best chicken she has ever had. This is good. You could really taste the apple smoke.

Looks great ThrRoff! I'd agree with your wife, rotisserie is king in my backyard with BCC placing 2nd but BCC always has that presentation appeal. But man, you just can't beat having those juices roll around like that throughout the entire cook. :twisted: I saw elsewhere that you used your kettle to smoke in. Applause to you. Most people don't realize how deft the kettle is at smoking. I turned out many a quality product in mine before I got my bullet and still smoke in my kettle sometimes, it's just harder to crawl into it now.

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:40 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Airfoils,

Ihave been impressed with smoking in the kettle. When one only has a small amount of things to cook, its better than firing up the big Brinkman. I haven't tried it yet with something where I want to maintain a lower temperature, say in the 220 range. I just may see how if fairs with a pork butt this weekend.

However, I do need a good thermometer to measure the temp at the cooking grate. Anyone have any recommendations?

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:05 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

ThrRoff,

I picked up a Cuisnart Oven thermometer somewhere in my travels. I think I got it at one of the cooking stores in Potomac Mills or at Tysons Corner. It's great for just sitting on the grill grate and leaving there. It's got a big, about 1 3/4" gauge, and it's easy to just pop the top open and get a quick temp reading, without losing too much heat. It does get pretty smoke coated so you have to clean it every time, but it's pretty accurate. I rotated it in it's bezel so 225 is straight up, so it only takes a 5 second look see to check temp.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:58 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Here's the thremometer I'm talking about.

Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:33 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

DarkRubiTJ,

Thanks for the tip. I did use a similar thermometer. It is peaking out in the picture at about the 4 o'clock position. I am kind of thinking I need to install one through a small hole in the rotisserie ring.

Return to General Discussion