Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Smoked Beer Can Chicken

Smoked Beer Can Chicken

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:28 pm

Did one last evening and it was great. I didn't know that chicken could taste that good. It stays moist and finger lickin good. I used the BGE and I'm learning each time I use it how to regulate the heat.

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:23 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow! What a bird! I don't know if you can still call yourself a beginner after a cook like that.

Great Job!

A.

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:27 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

That definitely looks like it was cooked by someone that knows what they're doing. :D Great job!

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:23 am
MarkInStLou medium-rare
medium-rare

It's a beauty! Share your prep and cooking time with us.

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Very nice looking bird. Made me hungry just looking at it. Keep up the good work.

grillmasterEugene

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm
BBQ-tie raw
raw

That's so purty! I was searching on here, just to educate myself on BCCs, since I made my first last nite. it took way too long in my book, but I definitely will do it again. Love these forums, that is for sure!

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board BBQ-tie! :D

Feel free to ask questions while researching if you have any. Smoking will take longer than indirect grilling.

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:26 pm
BBQ-tie raw
raw

BBQ-Bob,

I didn't know that abt indirect grilling. I just know I wish I had started the chicken earlier, cuz I was hoping for chicken that fell off the bone. :wink: I still love it and the leftovers, but gonna take another go at it.

I have some spare ribs to smoke next. Off to find a guide

Happy Smoking!

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:08 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:44 pm
Sachmo76 rare
rare

I do a lot of grillin' but I've never done a "Beer can chicken" because I've always heard that it is harmfull and/or toxic. I'm guessing because of the paint on the can, or the aluminum. Any truths to this???
Thank's guys!

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Dawgbytez medium
medium

Sachmo76 wrote:
I do a lot of grillin' but I've never done a "Beer can chicken" because I've always heard that it is harmfull and/or toxic. I'm guessing because of the paint on the can, or the aluminum. Any truths to this???
Thank's guys!

I've been smoking and eating BCC's for over 2 years now and I'm still alive....If you have reservations about the cans there are alternatives out there. I really like the second one :D

This first one you can make on your own if you're handy with a welder or you can buy one pretty cheap:

You can do a google search for chicken roaster and find the 2 below along with plenty of sites that sell them:

CG User #281

Return to Testimonials