Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BBQ in Pennsylvania - Delaware

BBQ in Pennsylvania - Delaware

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:00 am
SuperDave raw
raw

WPCatfish wrote:
It's a bit of a drive down DE 1, but there's a local place called Where Pigs Fly in Dover that's great!
great place for Q and you get to watch the take offs and landings at the base there.

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:12 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

SuperDave wrote:
WPCatfish wrote:
It's a bit of a drive down DE 1, but there's a local place called Where Pigs Fly in Dover that's great!
great place for Q and you get to watch the take offs and landings at the base there.

Mostly US C-5s and C-17s and foreign C-130s, but in the last few months there've been the odd E-6, F-16 and IL-76s!
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:48 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board SuperDave! :D

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:55 pm
phlydude medium-well
medium-well

Sweet Lucy's isn't that hard to get to...right off the Cottman Ave Exit of I-95. It is actually on State Rd which is the 1st main N-S St. after getting off the highway from either direction (1st light after NB exit, on SB exit, turn right at bottom of ramp - 1st light ahead is State Rd.)

Rib Ranch has some tasty wings...their ribs are OK but their sauce is REALLY good. They supply the wings for the "Wing Bowl" each year (local sports radio wing a thon).
It is on Aramingo and Castor Aves. Not too easy to get to if you aren't familiar with the area but easy enough if you want to give it a shot. Take Aramingo Ave exit of I-95 and turn left at the bottom of the ramp. At the 3rd light, turnright and enter between the Burger King and the Hess station. It is in the strip mall directly ahead.

There isn't too much else around...
Weber 22" One-touch Gold, Kenmore 4 burner gasser

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint