Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Tue May 16, 2006 11:24 am
BbqinIdaho medium-rare
medium-rare

If you are in Southern Idaho the best Steakhouse is the "Montana Steakhouse" in Twin Falls, ID. The place is amazing. They will even ship the steaks overnight in an airtight seal. Wonderful wonderful steak.

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:10 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

All time (and not sure if it was 100% steakhouse) was Nicholas Nicklas' in Hawaii.

Capital Grille is great for special occasions, and Hilltop is a must go in Massachusetts.
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:25 am

I have lived in MN, MO, and TX. Been to the East/West coast. The best place to eat BBQ is just outside Austin, TX. The place is called the Salt Lick BBQ. If ever in Austin, check it out!!!

Kdogg

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:39 am
SuperDave raw
raw

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
In the Triangle area of North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & Research Triagle Park / Chapel Hill) the best LOCAL steakhouse is "The Angus Barn". This establishment rivals the best CHAIN steakhouse in the area (in Cary) "Ruth's Chris".

There are a few other local steakhouses that are pretty decent, but they come in distantly behind those listed above. In particular: The Peddler Steakhouse in Raleigh, The Farmhouse between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough, and The Occoneechee Steakhouse in Hillsborough.
The Barn is one of the best, ever. Ruth's Chris is pablum for the masses. No offense to those that like RC but I find it lacking and pretentious. If you like chains, Shula's in Naples, Fl, is the best of that chain, imho.

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:27 am
DaHorns medium
medium

My personal favorite is a chain, Texas Land & Cattle Company. The steaks are GREAT and the side are right up there. My choice when we go is the 14oz smoked sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes. The sirloin melts in your mouth and is crusted with a pepercorn rub that is out of this world, I've tried to recreate it at home, gotten close, but not quite there yet.

Hook 'Em

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:16 am

First Post....great to be here.

I live in northeastern Kansas(Near Kansas City) in a town called Leavenworth. The place is called Ridge Runners. The Ribs are amazing, and the house BBQ Sauce is superb.

But in Kansas City, I think the best BBQ place is definitely Gates BBQ.

http://www.gatesbbq.com/

I find their Sauce to be really great for basting.

LVS

Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:39 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board LVSeminole! :D

I grew up in KC loving to drive by (and eat at) Gates every change we got. We gave Famous Dave's a try on August 1st (over by the new Cabela's) and had a very good meal. If you haven't been you need to give them a try.

I have a friend in KC that is very much into Battlefield 2 (noticed your WWW link). He showed it to me while we were up.

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:46 am

Yeah, I havent tried Famous Daves. I heard they were really good. There is a place in leavenworth now that took the place of "Ridge runners". I think its Smokey Mountain BBQ". But its not as good. Ridge Runners was a family run place, and had (to me) legendary ribs.

Gates is a nice place, but hasnt been what it used to be. There is a "Zarda BBQ" left. On 83rd and Quivira. They still serve great rib measl. Gates, KC's, Adrians, you name the BBQ sauce they probably have it.

I went to Clem Makesas BBQ in Temple, Texas(just off of I-35). Best BBQ in Texas, in my opinion.

http://www.clembbq.com/

But, the real place to find KC BBQ.....Kansas City Chiefs tailgaiting. No kidding. Thats the place to find it. But yeah...Nice to meet a Kansas City guy!

LVS
Weber Performer One Touch Charcoal Grill

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:20 pm
Ribstone raw
raw

There are 2 steakhouses in Texas that are incredibly good. One is the Lowake Steakhouse east of San Angelo at Lowake, TX. The steaks and onion rings are unbelievable and it's reasonably priced and very informal. Another really great place is Cattleman's Steakhouse at Indian Cliffs Ranch, near Fabens, Texas, 30 miles east of El Paso. They've been in business for years and the quality has never come down-they have a dynamite large t-bone.
Used to go to Zentner's in San Angelo and it was outstanding. I also agree that St. Elmo's in Indy is fantastic! Talk about hot shrimp cocktail sauce!!!!
Another great place is the Rancher's Club at the Hilton in Albuquerque, NM. They have terrific steaks!

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:37 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Ribstone! :D

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:40 pm

The best steak I have ever had was at a seafood restaurant in Panama City, Capt. Anderson's was awesome the porterhouse was perfect. It was cooked were the outside had been seared really well and the inside was medium, juicy, and perfect. Go early or go late this placce has a dinner crowd like you wouldn't believe, the people that got thier table before us had been waiting 3 hours and we waited 15 minutes.
A extremely close second would be the Peddler in Gatlinburg, TN. The service at the Peddler is the BEST. Go in get your seat order your drink, go to the salad bar, yes I said salad bar, get your salad with a huge choice of toppings, then order your entree when your ready. The bring around a cart with whole aged beef and cut it as thick as you want it. The strawberry shortcake is HUGE if you have any room left, but I rarely do.
Outback is the best corparate steakhouse, that is affordable, but I really hate it when the servers plop down at your table and make small talk. :D

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board jkendrickjr! :D

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:48 pm
IowaCook medium-rare
medium-rare

Kinbrae Steakhouse for sure. I heard they started in a morton building in southern MN then branched out into northern iowa. I've eaten at the one in Arnold's Park, IA.

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:54 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

Texas Land and Cattle company have been by far the worst steaks i've ever had...went to 2 different ones in austin and their supposed "choice" steaks were probably the 2 worst steaks i've ever paid for....i had a ribeye both times....tasteless and even at medium rare they were tough and hard....my counterpart had the filet, both times it was terrible....

i usually understand that choice isn' t prime but i don't even think this meat was choice....especially that it was 20 bucks...

i guess the fact that we went at 6:00 on a friday and they seated right away should of told us something...

The best places for steak that i've been to....:

Any Sullivans - most notibly Chicago and Austin
Chop House - Denver
Charlies - Orlando
Reed's Jazz and supper club - Austin
Finn and Porters - Austin
Lou and Mickey's - San Diego
Capitol Grill - Chicago, Houston, Ft Lauderdale
Gibson's - Chicago
Beefhouse - Covington, IN

i eat wayyy too much steak....and around where i live there is a solid "grillit yourself" place that features huge highend choice steaks... and as long as texas roadhouse or Outback give me a true Medium Rare, then i'm happy....

but since i've started aging my own meat i've had no reason to go to any of them....

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:04 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

a few more...

Smith and Wollensky's are great.
Harrah's in New Orleans has a steakhouse called Besh's...it boasts a 40day dry aged ny strip and it was to die for....
Morton's are always solid too...

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint