Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Not your everyday fatties,w/pic

Not your everyday fatties,w/pic

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 30, 2006 8:02 am
Delaware Smoker well done
well done

[img][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5817/smokedfatties7oe.th.jpg[/img]

Well after cooking all day Sun.,I wasn't going to cook on Mon.But had four rolls of sausage in the fridge,for three weeks.I put the sausages in the freezer,until they started to get a little hard.I did this,so when I split them opened,they wouldn't be too soft to work with.So I split each on down the middle,brushed the inside with maple syrup.I then chopped an onion up,put that inside,&added cheese.Closed the sausage up [Letting the sausage get hard a little,worked well for this].I then brushed maple sryup all over the sausage,&rolled them in Italian season bread crumbs.Wrapped bacon around them,smoked for about four hrs.I'm here to tell you,they were the best fatties,That I've cooked.The bread crumbs put a nice crust on them.Gosh,it was so good.

Sun.I smoked about 5# of rib tips.I used the recipe on page 157,from the new book.I made the spicy apple bbq sauce,that it called for.What a hit they were.I also smoked four racks of Lone Star beef ribs,along with the mop sauce.Recipe from the new book.The raves that I recieved,was worth all of the work.Sorry no pics.I was just so tired,from getting only two hrs.of sleep,the nite before.In fact,I didn't try the ribs,until 10.00 pm.Sun.

Sorry for the long post.

Bill[/img]
Delaware Smoker
CG w/sfb
Royal Oak Grill

Post Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 am
duke3522 rare
rare

Looking Good Del. Keep up the good work.
Duke Of Indiana

Char-Griller w/SFB

If Your Lookin' It Ain't Cooking

Post Tue May 30, 2006 9:58 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bill,
the picture looks great, and everything else sounds fantastic. I'm glad to hear you had a busy weekend at the grill. Sorry for the long post? Aw, come on! You know us better than that. We're reading about good food here!

Return to General Discussion