Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I got to meet Steve!

I got to meet Steve!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 27, 2006 11:00 pm
FedoraDave medium-well
medium-well

Since he had a book signing in Paramus, NJ at noon today, I managed to scoot on down between appointments and get him to sign his latest book, Raichlen on Ribs, Ribs, Outrageous Ribs!

What an honor, and what a nice guy he is. if you've watched any BBQ U shows, you've seen how personable he is, in his unassuming way. And that's not an act for the television; he's warm and engaging and interested in what other barbecuers are up to. He may be a master at his craft, but as all true masters know, he understands he can still learn from anyone. He was genuinely glad to meet me and learn what my next barbecue project was. (That's a separate entry, since I got plans, yes indeedy!)

I also met BBQ Bob, and we all got our picture took together. Bob will be posting them in short order, I'm sure. Since Bob and I don't live too far from each other, it looks as if we'll be the conjoined twins of the Tri-State barbecue events. I'd sure love to get together with him and whip up some tasty vittles.

Anyway, thanks, Steve, for being so gracious and for providing such inspiration and information.
There is NO SUCH THING as "pork tartare!"

Post Sun May 28, 2006 1:43 pm
ryno23 medium-rare
medium-rare

I meet Steve for the first time last year in Milwuakee, Wi. It was a book signing and he did some grilling, lucky for me I got to grill with him and help him out, it was awesome. Then the resturant grilled some of his receipies for us and it was a great meal. I also got my picture taken with him and I use it as a book mark in my cook books. I do agree with you, that he is very nice and a class act.

Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:43 am
BBQ Bob well done
well done

FedoraDave wrote:
What an honor, and what a nice guy he is. if you've watched any BBQ U shows, you've seen how personable he is, in his unassuming way. And that's not an act for the television; he's warm and engaging and interested in what other barbecuers are up to.

Hey gang.....

First sorry for takin so long to post. I been kinda busy Saturday buying ribs and smokin/grillin em on Sunday.

Dave....I couldn't have said it any better. What an all around great guy! We (Steven, Dave and I) talked about almost everything....Barbecue, the up coming Big Apple BBQ event, how we got started in bbq, BBQ U and what is in those smokers behind him on the show. The atomsphere was so comfortable. The only two things missing were a something in a smoker and a cooler full of cold one.

It was kinda funny how we all meet. Dave was talking to Steven and Steven said hello to me. After shakin Stevens hand I looked at Dave (remembering Dave said he was going to be there from another post) and said "You're Dave from New York. I'm BBQ Bob from NewJersey". We shook hands and Steven asked if we knew each other. I told Steven we meet on THIS website. He was so excited.

Will...enough of me ramblin....I let the pictures do the talkin.

Dave....it was a pleasure meeting you and YES...we'll have to get togther (since Clifton is only a half hours drive to Pearl River). I'll let you know about the 29th.

Steven...The pleasure was all mine. Thanks again for getting me started in the world of Barbecue. My wife told me you can use the line she mentioned to you as long as you copyright me.

FURN. Short for furniture that I should have instead of this thing - wifie

Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:53 am
outagas well done
well done

Ryno - What restaurant did Steven do his demonstration?

BBQBob - Are there more images than the one from the thumbnail?

jrp
"El método del Su Excelencia, el Rey Minion"

Post Mon May 29, 2006 11:53 am
BBQ Bob well done
well done

Oops :o
I hit the submit button instead of the Preview button. Sorry bout that gang.
Lets try that again.

Steven with family friends.

Steven with a family friend.

Steven with family friends.

Steven with FedoraDave (Dave).

BBQ Bob, Steven and Dave

Steven autographing his book, Raichlen On Ribs, Ribs, Outrageous Ribs for Dave.

Steven autographing another book for Dave.

Steven autographing his book, BBQ USA for me.

Steven autographing his rib book for me.
FURN. Short for furniture that I should have instead of this thing - wifie

Post Mon May 29, 2006 6:26 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Great post guys! I met Steven on the same day I met our very own Bob BQN. It's exciting to hear about other board members going out to meet him as well.

Post Mon May 29, 2006 10:21 pm
ryno23 medium-rare
medium-rare

The place I meet Steve was in Brookfield Wi at Bartolotta's.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:31 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Okay, I haven't met him...yet. Last time he was here in town on the BBQ Bus tour, I missed him. Not this time, Steven's coming to town!!

For those of you in the St. Louis area, here is the info.

4:00 - 6:00 pm.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Autographing and Tasting at Straub’s in St. Louis, MO
8282 Forsyth Ave
St. Louis, MO

I'll be sure to swing by this time.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:42 pm
Q-IT-UP medium
medium

Sweet news, MR! I will have to make sure I take off work early that day in order to get a chance to meet him. Thanks for the heads up.
Smoke 'em if U got 'em

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:18 pm
Woodbutcher68 well done
well done

St. Louis is about a 6 hour drive from Chicago, and
I've got some vacation time coming, but I'm in the
Middle of contract negotiations with the union,
Contract expires June 30, sooooo,
Say hi to Steven!
I won't be able to make it.
Perfect Flame 5 Burner
CG SuperPro w/SFB and RiboLator