Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I need help to setup a gas grill for rostisserie cooking!

I need help to setup a gas grill for rostisserie cooking!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
jtborg

Help!

How do I setup my charboil grill with two burner to do rostisserie cooking.

Can I cover the front side of the burners and place a dripping pan on it, and use the back side for roasting?

Any advice will be a great help.

Thank you
All bbq lover.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:37 am

I have a charbroil gas grill with the I guess youc could call it a horseshoe shaped burner.
I've done a couple of rotiseryies on it. The key I found was temperature. You don't want the heat to be too high, low to medium I have found to work best. I'm still experiementing with it. I just put a drip pan wth water or juices below the peice of meat I'm coooking and keep an eye on the temp. Good lcuk

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:55 am
stl-rich rare
rare

My Char-Broil has two burners - left and right.

It also had a one piece rack - but after consultation with Mr. Hacksaw, it now has two racks.

When I rotisserie, I remove the racks, pre-heat with burners on FULL of 10 - 15 minutes, then I turn off the left burner and turn the right burner to LOW, put a drip pan on the left burner, put in the spit with the food over the drip pan and close the cover.

I also have a smoker box with chips or chunks on the right burner

BBQ Pork Loin anyone? (injected with strained commercial Italian Salad Dressing)

YUMMY NUMMIES!

Return to General Discussion