Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Stainless hood on Gold D turning color's already... HELP!!!

Stainless hood on Gold D turning color's already... HELP!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon May 24, 2004 10:13 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

What would you all think about using that Goo Gone on the porcelain coated cast iron grates on my new Weber Baby Q. Which, by the way I am loving for quick meals.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 4:42 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

ThrRoff,
I use Goo Gone on the smoker porcelain coated water pan. The smoke stains just run off of it. It’s really safe and effective on any part of the grill. The spray oven cleaner also works very well on those kinds of grates. Most ovens are porcelain coated on the interior, but for quick clean up I would use the Goo Gone.

Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:36 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

We stock the Goo-Gone BBQ Cleaner in the Norfolk VA Beach HDepots so it should be available in the DC area. Since you are in the DC area stop by the "Revere" store in Potomac Mills and grab a couple of jars of their stainless pot cleaner. It is by far the best stainless cleaner I have ever used. It will clean anything and I mean anything off of stainless. They sometimes have out of stock problems, so if they have it buy a couple. It's caustic but won't scratch, so wear gloves when you use it. It's kept my stainless pots and pans looking like new after many years of use. It's safe for food exposure, so you don't have to worry about where you use it.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Tue May 25, 2004 9:33 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Larry,

Goo Gone may not have an immediate effect on enamel but THIS SITE that sell it says:

• Cuts through baked-on grease
• Removes burnt-on deposits
• Safe on chrome, ceramic, glass and aluminum castings
• Biodegradable
• No bad fumes
• Wipes clean
• 16-fl oz spray bottle
• Not for use on wooden handles, painted surfaces, baked enamel or lava rock (briquettes)

I’ve always been on the cautious side though.

Post Fri May 28, 2004 12:26 am
Vinsect well done
well done

I'll look for that SKU tomarrow. Zep makes a BBQ cleaner and an oven cleaner too. Once its cleaned off, the Zep stainless steel cleaner polishes it up really nice.
The grates Steven uses on his book signing tour are well seasoned.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Previous

Return to General Discussion