Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grillin Turkey Legs

Grillin Turkey Legs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 23, 2004 7:55 pm
Big D well done
well done

Well I think I would like to Grill/smoke Turkey legs this weekend... just wanted to know if anyone had intriguing receipes or advice. Actaully, belive it or not, I was inspired to do this because of a fastfood counter/stand at Disney World a week ago when I was there. They had massive turkey legs which I think they just put a little salt on and tasted like they used just a little hickory smoke and they were fantastic (especially for fastfood/food stand at a theme park) Actually, now that I think about it I was quit impressed by the quality of the fast food there.. they even had a BBQ pit in Animal Kingdom with St Louis style slow smoked ribs. grilled corn and baked beans......

obviously not a place I would recommend as the ''best bbq joint' but for a stand in a food park it was amazing, especially considering most stands there and all other theme parks are nothin but frozen hotdogs and burgers and licecream bars....

Post Sun May 23, 2004 8:26 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Big D,
I often make smoked Turkey legs. I tried them few years ago at a festival food stand, and they were amazing. So I started cooking them regularly. I found the best way to prepare them, is to brine them first, place your favorite poultry rub on them, and then smoke them at 225-250 degrees until internal temp reaches 180 degrees. If you want a little variety, try brushing them with chicken wing sauce during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
Let us know how they turn out.

Post Sun May 23, 2004 11:25 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Here's a fairly simple recipe and a good way to do turkey legs. Pull the skin back (down to the ankle bone), rub with Worcestershire sauce and whatever your favorite poultry rub/spices are (or just a little salt and pepper). Pull the skin back up and do the same thing to the outside. Smoke them until done.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Return to General Discussion