Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steve's Grill Brush

Steve's Grill Brush

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 12:09 pm
doctordun raw
raw

I've read here that Steve is bringing that cool brush of his to market, but the last post was 8 monthes ago. Has it happened yet and if not, when? It looks super heavy duty and may be the last grill brush I ever buy.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 5:46 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This looks like it. It's called a broiler brush

http://www.bigtray.com/productdetails.a ... 20210.html

Most restaurant supply houses carry them.
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Sat May 22, 2004 11:03 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

doctordun welcome to the bulletin board. Hope you'll stick around and join the maddness.

YB I've been trying to find some information on that brush!!! Thanks for the link. The wife and I tried to read the lettering on the end of the brush with the VCR paused but were still unable to make it out. Mystery solved! :D

Post Sun May 23, 2004 10:52 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This was actually one of the first topics I ever posted about. I was looking for the same brush. I believe the thread was "long handled grill brush" I found this exact same brush several months ago. I bought it a Grill Lovers. Here's the link.
I paid a few bucks more for it but it works great!
No more singed hair on this mans knuckles!

Now I'm looking for that killer spatula that Steve used on the Newest Bread Episode...

Post Wed May 26, 2004 1:01 pm
hankgni medium-rare
medium-rare

Thanks for the link on the long handled broiler brush. I wonder if this is actually what Steve uses to get his grills so sparkling clean, or is it just for the camera. Come on Steve fess up are they new grill grates for every show (as I read in a previous post), or are you lucky enough to have the staff of the Greenbrier clean them for you or what's the secret????

Post Wed May 26, 2004 1:38 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I can tell you, that I use the same grill, and use the same brush, and I use my grill alot, that there is NO WAY you can get those grates that clean. I don't care what solvent you use, what brush you use, or how long or how hard you scub or how hot you get it. It just isn't possible. How do I know, I've tried. Heck I've even used powertools. Pressure Washer...nope. Brass Brush in a power drill...nope (this actually came the closes though). There just is no way to get the grates that shiny color once they've been seasoned.
But getting them clean is a snap with proper heat and that brush. Heat does the work and the brush does the rest while keeping the hair on your knuckles.

Post Wed May 26, 2004 2:49 pm
doctordun raw
raw

Thanks for the replies.
Another question for those of you who have one: How does this brush compare with the Brush Hawg($9.99), found at Lowes?

Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:35 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That looks like a nice brush to me but I still like the big boy better. My personal reason being that size does matter. In this case not so much the scrubbing surface (although that too is a big diggerence between the two) but the handle length. Without a description of the Hawg brush it looks to be 12"-18" which to me still is well within knuckle burning range. Yeah I know I could wear gloves but thats too much work.

Also note that both are stainless steel bristles. I don't think I'd use them on porcelin or coated grates. It may be too stiff. For those I'd stich with Brass. I use mine on stainless steel grates so theres no way to hurn them.

Hope this helps.

Return to General Discussion