Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber BabyQ

Weber BabyQ

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun May 16, 2004 6:40 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

ThrRoff,

Late evenings are cool, just not too late, weekdays would work just fine. If you cruise in too late the associate is distracted trying to close down and focused on trying to get all the crap done thats needs to happen before he can walk out the door. On a busy day it takes about 3 hours of almost complete focus to get out on time(an hour after we run the customers out). What part of DC are you in? One of the guys in my dept came from the Fairfax store and still has contacts up there.

Post Sun May 16, 2004 9:20 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

DarkRubiTJ
I am actually up in Gaithersburg, and frequent the store on Shady Grove Road.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 12:41 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Larry, try the Milestone store in Germantown. It's larger, has a lot more parking and seems to be less crowded evenings during the week and if you can go real early on the weekend right after they open, you almost have the store to yourself.

YB

Post Mon May 17, 2004 9:25 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Vinsect the first time I saw "How to Grill" was in our local HD store. It may have been a special purchase cause I haven't seen it since.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 7:04 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

That's awesome Bob-BQN. I'll try entering the UPC number from my copy in our computer to see if its still in the system. If it is, maybe I can get more ordered for our store. That also means someone has already gotten the foot through the door.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:02 pm
Big D well done
well done

My local Homedepot store has a good collection of SR books.... HTG, Beer Can Chicken and Barbequebible and the friendly rep told me to expect BBQ U.S.A soon (the one I don't have yet)...

the downside is they carry very few bbq accessories (of course have all the accessories and the basics) and only hickory and mesquite... and while hickory is my fav wood I want more choices and no wheres in Nova Scotia to get it

Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:47 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Big D

If you can furnish us the SKU # we can get it in our stores. Vinsect, We had a tranistory ASM, that taught me a trick on how to get stuff and get a SKU turned on if it's inactive if your buyer won't coperate.. If you don't know the trick call me on the trunk Thurs AM at 4615 and I'll let you in on it.

Bruce Dept 28

Post Wed May 19, 2004 1:52 am
Vinsect well done
well done

DarkRubiTJ,
That's Awesome! No, I don't know the trick. We used to carry Polder Thermometers too. If I could get that SKU turned back on too, that would also be sweet.
Catch ya later Bruce,
Vincent D28: 0145
Then rebuild it better.

Post Wed May 19, 2004 7:48 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Apparently Weber has come out with a digital probe therm. with remote. Although it doesn't seem to be listed on the Weber site Amazon has it .

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... n&n=509232

Maybe Home Depot could be encouraged to carry this item as well.

If it is in keeping with Webers' quality it otta be a good 'un.

YB

Post Fri May 21, 2004 2:22 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Big D,
I have a favor to ask. Every product at Home Depot has a 6 digit number called a SKU.
Would you please write down the SKUs for those books? They will be on the shelf price tag or you can ask an associate to find the SKU.
Also, did you happen to get a business card from that rep or do you remember the name of his company?
And finally, could you also get me the 4 digit store number for your local store.

Hopefully between DarkRubiTJ and myself, we can use this info to get Steven's books in our stores for starters and then more stores following.

Thanks a million.
Then rebuild it better.

Post Fri May 21, 2004 8:53 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I smell a conspiracy :wink: :D

Post Fri May 21, 2004 9:17 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I wonder if book sales made by hardware and home centers are tracked by the