Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion FREAKIN RAIN!!!

FREAKIN RAIN!!!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 19, 2004 6:25 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Was all set to christen the Gold D tonight and as luck would have it at 4:02 P.M. the skies opened up with raindrops the size of nickle's :evil: . Ended up eating a cooked chicken from Food Lion, that almost made me drag the big D into the livingroom to fire it up. Oh well, guess I've got to wait another day :cry: . YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 6:32 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

YB2,
If you live in a state where it rains all the time, then you’ll have to get a cover to grill under (preferably made out of metal so it can withstand the heat). I live in Georgia, and it rains here all the time. The first thing I did when I bought my house is built that cover. Now I can BBQ 12 months a year (rain or shine). If you can afford it, then do it. It’s the only way to insure continuous grilling.

Post Wed May 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Yankee Bill medium
medium

Hi BBcue-z,

You're right about that! I had been checking into some retractable awnings to see if any can take the heat. I've got several large trees in my back yard that drop some fair branches at times. They are right above where I'd have to place an awning or cover. My thinking was that by using a retractable awning = ( target ), vs a fixed metal one, I'd only have to open it when needed thus lessening the chance for a limb or branch to damage it. YB2
I'll eat anything that won't eat me first !!!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 7:34 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Do the research first. You don’t want to spend the money only to find out that it’s not heat resistant.
Here is the one I have:

Post Wed May 19, 2004 7:41 pm
sross rare
rare

Holy Cow! How many and what grills do you have under there BBcue-Z?
Any of those charcoal?

Scott
3-2-1!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 7:47 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I have 3 smokers, one electrical, one gas, and one charcoal (the one in the center of the picture is horizontal charcoal smoker with an off set firebox), also 2 gas grills. They’re all well maintained and in a very good working condition. Can’t live without them :lol:

Post Wed May 19, 2004 9:12 pm

:cry: Thanks, Z.....thanks.

-S

Post Wed May 19, 2004 9:13 pm
sross rare
rare

Sorry, that was me crying at the sight of all of your grills earlier. I forgot to sign in.

Scott
3-2-1!

Post Wed May 19, 2004 10:24 pm
Big D well done
well done

mmmmmm loooooks sooooooooo gooooooood.... I could Q alot at once with all that.... mmmmmm'

oh and btw, a rain never hurt anyone... unless it was acid raub ir yiu slipped in a puddle or hyrdro-plained in a car or you have a phobia of rain or there was lightning too or somethin and it did hurt someone ;)

Anywas.... I just whell the BBQ close to the door, grab a chair and a bottle of beer and hang a gone fishin' sign on my front door...

and they say I'm mad

Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:12 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Z - that is one of the greatest setups I've eer seen. My hats off to you.

As for weather I have no cover and the only thing that stops me is lightning.
If its raining too hard just put on a swimsuit and go for it. :wink:

They say I'm mad too, but they're right. 8)

Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:28 am
Big D well done
well done

hahahah reading my post I now realize the dangers of posting late at night after a very long work day ;)

I might later realize the dangers of posting after awaking early for a 2nd very long workday

but ya... amazing setup and go for it in the rain if ya feelin a little crazy but be carefully. Hmmmm I feel a story comin on.

We had the craziest weather in Nova Scotian history the past 13 months, last april we had flooding after we received several feet of rain in a few days (but I was out of town on Team Canada stuff and missed me chance to QW in a monsoon :cry: ) then in October we had the most intense Hurricane in Nova Scotian hisotry (except 'The Perfect Storm' which hit only unpopulated areas) and let me tell you there was intense damage with trees down everywhere and a week long blackout. Now most people would be totally disgusted by the idea of a week long black out, but not I. First off my Deep-Freeze and Freezer were thawing out rapidly (I know, I don't like to freeze mea either but I needed to stockpile over last summer incase funds ran short during hte school year I wouldnt have to give up meat) so I was "forced" to eat steaks, ribs, steaks and other meat products 3 to 4 times a day for a few days :) .(not to mention a young lady friend at the time was forced to stay at my house for a few days due to a city wide curfew from downed trees and powerlines obstructing most traffic routes ;) ).... Then in Febuary we had a Hurricae which dropped 1 foot and 3 inches of snow in a 20 hour period and this time I had fresh meat which froze on the way to the Q ;)

moral of the story... don't type posts when extremly tired, if the weather fights your grillin plans then just fight back, don't pee into the wind and most of all have fun

Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:30 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Z my wife needs to see YOUR back porch! :wink:

I'd like to see another photo without all the equipment covered... :D

Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:32 am
Big D well done
well done

I second that motion

oh and Bob - keep those pics on your site goin...they always make me so hungry and motivate me to go cook somethin good...

I gotta remember to take some pics soon and post em

Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:29 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Here there are Bob:

Post Thu May 20, 2004 9:29 pm
spfranz well done
well done

Dang Z, that's just beautiful. You know, it takes a lot to make me tear up but that came pretty close.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Next

Return to General Discussion