Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Here's a nice recipe I made up tonight

Here's a nice recipe I made up tonight

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:54 pm
FedoraDave medium-well
medium-well

This was made for chicken breast strips, but it might work for fish also. I don't eat fish, so I wouldn't know. I think the breast strips work better than whole boneless breasts, since the cooking time is reduced with the thinner cuts, and less charring is likely. But hey, it's your grill. Try this out and let me know what you think.

Juice from four limes
2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
1 Tbs canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Two cloves garlic, mashed in a garlic press
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1/2 Tsp nutmeg
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash of Cholula or Tabasco (to taste)

Combine ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Marinade meat for at least an hour before grilling over high heat.

This dish had just the right tang and caramelization combination to please me.

Feel free to try it, and let me know what you think. And any variations on it are more than welcome; they're required!! :D
There is NO SUCH THING as "pork tartare!"

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I really think I might try this soon.....sounds preally good! Thanks for posting, Dave!

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:37 pm
Attrill well done
well done

That looks great! The lime/sugar combo looks like the perfect tang.

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:13 am
bearbonz well done
well done

That is very creative and out of the box combo of ingredients. Those flavors sound like they would really compliment each other. I would imagine it would be a nice finish on pork tenderloin as well. The reserve would make a good sauce for dipping the grilled chicken or whatever too.
I am saving this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:30 am
FedoraDave medium-well
medium-well

bearbonz wrote:
That is very creative and out of the box combo of ingredients. Those flavors sound like they would really compliment each other. I would imagine it would be a nice finish on pork tenderloin as well. The reserve would make a good sauce for dipping the grilled chicken or whatever too.
I am saving this recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

I have to be honest, bear. I had wanted to use ground ginger, but didn't realize I was out, so I improvised the cinnamon and nutmeg! :oops: Fortunately, it works pretty well.

It didn't occur to me until too late that you could baste with the marinade while cooking. I'd already discarded it, but next time I'll use it. And, of course, you'd have to make extra and set some aside prior to marinating if you wanted to dip, since chicken sushi isn't exactly high on the scale of healthy foods.
There is NO SUCH THING as "pork tartare!"

Return to General Discussion