Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Great BBQ in Central PA!?!? Beulah's

Great BBQ in Central PA!?!? Beulah's

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:14 am

Best Joint: Beulah’s Bar-B-Que
Where: 112 S. Garner Street, State College, PA 16802. (814)-237-0374
What: Great BBQ in an unexpected location
Why: Central Pennsylvania is generally known for the Amish and perhaps college football. Who would have thought that you could find great BBQ in the middle of this mostly rural area? Certainly not me, but Beulah’s does deliver great Kansas City-style BBQ food at reasonable prices. They serve up great steaks, chops, and ribs with a six-pack of homemade, “slathering” sauces – literally provided to you in a cardboard 6-pack holder. Usually I’m much too full, but the desserts including bread pudding kick butt. They’ve also got a jazz bar called the Bar Bleu located in the basement. The bar is awash in blue neon light that might hurt your head if you’re prone to migraines, but otherwise it’s a great time with great music. So, if you’re not headed down south, try Beulah’s for an authentic BBQ taste!

Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:34 am
bbqman3341 rare
rare

thanks for the tip i will be in milton later this month and good kc style bbq will be a refreshing departure from the norm up there. i'll look forward to trying beaulea's and let you know how the meal went afterwards,

Return to Best BBQ Joint