Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Help with grilling Calf Fries?

Help with grilling Calf Fries?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 2:25 pm
tbone505 raw
raw

Any advice on grilling calf fries? Tried them a while back and they were great. All I know how to is deep frie them.

Post Sat May 15, 2004 11:24 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

By the way if anyone don’t know what calf fries are, they’re fried calf testicles. People claim that they taste just like chicken. I personally never tried them, but a friend of mine insists that they taste just like chicken. He cuts them into cubes, wraps them with bacon, place them on a skewer, and grill them.

Post Sun May 16, 2004 2:48 am
Vinsect well done
well done

If they taste just like chicken anyway, why would anyone want to eat testicles when they could just eat chicken?
On one hand, part of the art of barbecue is making less desirable cuts of meat delicious. On the other hand, some parts may be better left to making dogfood.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 9:02 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

tbone505 welcome to the board.

Out of all the topics that I've heard discussed over and over, you've managed to pick a new one! I've never had the desire to try calf fries/mountain oysters. Nope, never. I've been to parties where they were served, been offered some, but I'll stick with chicken. :wink:

That being said, I've never heard of them being grilled. Steven says everything tastes better grilled. I'll take him at his word. :wink: Try your favorite beef marinade and go for it.

Post Mon May 17, 2004 7:42 pm
tbone505 raw
raw

Thanks for the advice. We live near Amarillo Texas. We cook alot of calf fries. But we only have deep fried them. They are good to some. They sorta taste like chicken but the one I had at a party a while back were grilled and did in bbq sauce and jack danels. Just could not get a hold of the ole boy to ask him.
Thanks again though.

Return to General Discussion