Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion How To Grill : The Book

How To Grill : The Book

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:07 am
Longmill well done
well done

Congrats on starting your backyard cooking library with, IMHO, the best book on grilling. Lots of good food is in your future, for sure! :) It was the first one of Steven's books that I bought, and it's the one I recommend to those new to grilling and the pro's as well. Even though I'd been grilling for many years, I learned a bunch that really improved my skills with a set of tongs.

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:10 am
fquan59 medium-well
medium-well

Great book to start off with. I received mine a couple years ago along with the BBQ Bible as a Christmas present. Read through it so much that the spine is starting to break. :cry:
Chargriller Super Pro w/SFB
WSM
Smokey Joe
Kingsford Kettle
Char-Broil Santa Fe

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:18 am
Stik2UrRib rare
rare

Monk, be warned. The reading of this book may very likely lead down a long delicious road (obsession?). For years I had ruined good food on a poor cheapie grill. I ranted, raved, burned, and was ready to just give up.

Finally, I bought a quality grill, Weber Gen-C. I didn't ruin food as often, but my projects were just plain grilled. My first grilling cookbook was HTG, a gift from wife a few years ago. That's when it began.

I have since used HTG so much, that pages are falling out, it's all smudged up, and I cherish this book. After HTG, I have most of Steven's other books. I have bought other classics as well such as Smoke&Spice, Webers Big Book, A Man, a Can, and a Grill, etc. You get the picture. HTG is so easily instructive, you will begin to believe that the majority of foods are better on the grill, and that you're just the one to grill it!

Good luck if you follow this path. A world of tastes and toys (grills, smokers, books, and tools) awaits. You have been warned :lol:
Lookin' ain't cookin'
Weber Gen-C
SnP-Pro
ECB

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:28 am
fquan59 medium-well
medium-well

Monk...I agree with Stik2UrRib. I started with 2 books. Last year around this time I become really sick (out of work for two weeks) and bought 5 other books to read while recuperating. Fortunately, I have an understanding wife. :lol:
Chargriller Super Pro w/SFB
WSM
Smokey Joe
Kingsford Kettle
Char-Broil Santa Fe

Return to General Discussion