Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New York strip recipies?

New York strip recipies?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 13, 2004 7:41 pm
sross rare
rare

Hey! I was wondering if anyone had a favorite way of cooking New york strips. I'm going to be cooking two tommorow night and wanted some suggestions other than the usual "throw it on the grill". I'm looking for simple, but something that has a full taste. Have at it!
3-2-1!

Post Thu May 13, 2004 8:35 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

I believe that a good NY strip is the kind of steak that is best "just thrown on the grill." Course a little salt and freshly ground pepper should be rubbed in and the fire needs to be a really hot one.

Post Thu May 13, 2004 9:31 pm
miltguy rare
rare

I would think that Steve's hellfire Steaks (How to Grill p.60) or your basic salt, pepper and garlic would work. I haven't tried the first with strip though.

Post Fri May 14, 2004 7:03 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A good NY strip doesn't need much help at all. I personally woeldn't do the hellfire recipe on a good ny strip, although it is a great recipe, one of my favorites infact!
I agree, with a little coarse salt, fresh pepper and maybe some garlic. The other idea I'd have is serve it with a compound butter. Check the recent "salted buttler" thread for more ideas. Right now in my fridge I have a roasted garlic, parsley, and ground mustard butter that is simply awesome!

Enjoy!

Post Fri May 14, 2004 1:03 pm
BBQinFL rare
rare

Perfect Strip Steaks

4 New York strip steaks
4 T. olive oil

SPICE RUB MIX:

1 T. garlic salt
1 T. paprika
2 t. basil
2 t. oregano
1/2 T. black pepper
1 t. cayenne pepper

Combine Spice Rub Mix ingredients. Lightly coat steaks with oil, then rub in spice mix until well coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, then grill over hot coals for 4 to 6 minutes each side.

Serves 4
ImageA pig serves no purpose in life other than to be delicious!

Return to General Discussion