This past Saturday my daughter made her First Communion. So we of course had the obligatory party. Had the whole family over. Following is the menu;
1. Pulled Pork: smoked two 4.5 pound pork shoulders on Friday, used the cider squirt from "Sauces, Rubs and Marinades" to mop through out the smoke. Had NC Vinegar sauce and BBQ sauce on the side.
2. Beef sates: Thinly sliced flank steak marinated. I have a great marinade for flank steak I will post if anyone is interested.
3. Chicken sates: thinly sliced chicken tenders marinated in a garlic herb marinaed.
4. Barbecued shrimp. Some with a BBQ sauce and some with a garlic butter.
5. Pork and Beans
6. Homemade coleslaw: the vinegar based type. No mayonaise.
7. Vegetable lasagna.
8. Hamburgers and chicken burgers.
And of course dessert.
Everything went well and the food turned out great. My sister inlaw thinks I should be a caterer.