Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion cast-iron grates for Weber kettle grill

cast-iron grates for Weber kettle grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 10, 2004 11:07 am
steede rare
rare

Can't find where this was discussed before, but can you still buy the cast-iron grates for the Weber 22.5 kettle grill? If so where can I get one? I got a new Platinum grill a couple months ago and love it, but would really like to get the cast-iron grates.

Thanks,
steede

Post Mon May 10, 2004 12:15 pm
hotchef well done
well done

I asked this same question a couple of weeks ago and I believe that Chagan said he had contacted Weber about it. I have a Platinum too and wanted to get the cast iron grates.

Hotchef

Post Mon May 10, 2004 1:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Here's the LINK that I believe you are talking about. It has a phone number if you wish to contact Weber.

Check HERE to see if this is what you're looking for.

Post Mon May 10, 2004 1:19 pm
steede rare
rare

Thanks for the link Bob. I just called Weber and they said they don't sell them anymore. If anybody finds one though please share.

Hotchef,

Did Chagan say he was able to order the cast-iron grates?

thanks,
steede

Post Mon May 10, 2004 3:52 pm
BrockinFla rare
rare

Check your local BBQ-Galore store. Weber also has a cast iron griddle insert for the 22.5" kettle. They no longer make them but they're still some out there on the shelves. I found some at my local BBQ-Galore and bought all five sets on sight.
Semper Fi

Post Mon May 10, 2004 4:26 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BrockinFla welcome to the board!

Post Mon May 10, 2004 4:43 pm
chagan well done
well done

Sad news to update; I contacted Weber by email, and they did not return a reply within 24 hours or 1 business day as stated. I went ahead and called them to enter an inquiry about the cast iron. They stated that that they still manufacture a porcelain coated cast iron grate for the gas grills, but that the charcoal grills are now coming with nickel plated stainless. I registered a statement that there are more than several people inquiring about replacement iron grates as this is their cooking surface of choice. I gave my phone number etc. for contact information. The inquiry has been formally logged. If you are of the same opinion that the cast iron should be continued, please contact Weber by means of regular (AKA snail Mail) so as not to overwhelm their electronic capacity for order and support personnel. Weber's standard mail address is as follows, you may enter the last line to properly route your request:

Weber-Stephen Products co
200 East Daniel Road
Palatine, IL 60067-6266

re Cast Iron Charcoal grates

Please uphold your professionalism in related correspondence, These are our friends.
Thank you in advance

Chris

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue May 11, 2004 3:22 pm
hotchef well done
well done

Thanks for the update Chagan. I'm going to send them a letter tomorrow. You're really on the ball!

Hotchef

Return to General Discussion