Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Where to buy?

Where to buy?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 07, 2004 4:57 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Hey all,

I want to get some additional tools to round out my BBQ set-up. I’ve been looking for one of those BBQ Hooks that make flipping ribs and chicken much easier along with a BBQ mop.

I’ve not been able to find either at any of the stores in my area… so my question is; is there a real good online store that has BBQ equipment and supplies?

Thanks,
JC

Post Fri May 07, 2004 5:36 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Try these guys.

If they don't have it you don't need it

www.barrbrothers.com/

Not only do they have hooks, they have a selection of hooks!

Check out the bear paws for pulling and shredding pork.

YB

Post Fri May 07, 2004 6:14 pm
BigDaddy medium
medium

Those are the perfect Hooks... exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find any mops though???

Thanks,
JC

Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:13 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I usually just use a cotton dish mop from the grocery store, but only for large amounts of meat.

For everything else a good brush is enough. A mop seems to waste a lot of baste and is harder to clean. Somewhere on this site is a discussion about how to store a mop in the freezer.

The hooks are fun but take a little practice to master. Some will say you lose juices when you poke holes in the meat, but Merle Ellis (butcher extrodinaire) says that meat is multicellular and a few holes won't hurt.

YB

Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:32 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Here is a link for a BBQ mop:
http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/search/r ... =10&go.y=5
But I really prefer these brushes over mops:
http://www.kitchencollection.com/temppr ... 3&total=40
They’re just easier to clean.

Post Fri May 07, 2004 8:43 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

I agree, I prefer brushes over mops also but have nice natural bristle ones. The silicon ones Z has I've heard good things about too.

Post Fri May 07, 2004 9:35 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Got a set of the silicone brushes and I use them a lot. Hold a fair amount of thicker sauces, do OK on thinner, like mops. Really shine when worked into seasoned softened butter and then brushed after meat is done on the grill. Steaks,salmon etc. benefit nicely from this kiss.

No need to melt the butter beforehand.

Make a selectionof seasoned butters ahead of time and either chill or freeze 'til needed.
A small amount goes a long way. Good results with mixing ingredients, molding into logs, freezing, then slicing into Tbs. portions, then freezing again. Thaw as needed.

Crushed red pepper butter is a favorite. Pinch of K salt and oregano, pinch of cumin and crushed red pepper to a 1/2 stick real soft butter. Mash together and form into log on waxed paper. Then freeze. Slice off as needed. Brush on anything and everything. Nice melted and drizzled over asparagras.

YB

Post Sat May 08, 2004 9:09 am
chagan well done
well done

Those silicone brushes are going to make it to my arsenal. Thanks. I also like this site:

http://www.barbecue-store.com/

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Sat May 08, 2004 11:15 am
BigDaddy medium
medium

I agree… for 10 bucks, those brushes are worth a try. I’m going to grab some too.

I think you guys have made me reconsider the mop.

Thanks,
JC

Post Sun May 09, 2004 12:53 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Do youself a favor and add a Polder Dual Zone Thermometer and a Jaccard Meat Tenderizer to your shopping list.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Return to General Discussion