Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Knives

Knives

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:47 am

Steven,
You mention MAC knives in your book about sauces, rubs and marinades. What series and size were you referring to? I've long been wwanting to get a good knife to cook with. I'd like it to have good control, stay very sharp, be easy to take care of. Can you provide me with those answers? I'd greatly appreicate it.

P.S. - even though I'm tall (6'1") I have only medium sized hands.
jacksonsdad627

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:16 am
WeberBoy rare
rare

You have the try the knives yourself to see what if comfortable for you. I would check out Global Knives. They are high quality and have quite a following. I'm no knife expert, but they are supposed to be cheaper than the german knives, and easier to take care of.

WeberBoy

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:38 pm

Also try going to a cooks store (like Williams and Sonoma) and fondeling their knives in person. While you may not get to actually try them out you can at least hold them and get an impression of their heft and feel. Also, it never hurts to talk to someone who actually may own a knife or two and use them on a regular basis.
:D Spoon_Gouge :D

Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:47 am
Rocket-Ron rare
rare

I find the Wustoff Trident the most comftable. Though there not cheap.
But you should try them before you buy and get as good a set of knifes as you can afford
:oops:
My cats breathe smells like cat-food

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:03 am
Lisa_N rare
rare

I definately agree, you have to try before you buy. Good quality knives are not cheap, but worth the investment. I have JA Henkles 5-Star block set that I purchased a few months back and am quite happy with them. Maintenance is also important to keeping your cutlery in top performance. And whatever you do, don't put them in the dishwasher!!

Return to General Discussion