Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion sauce for pulled pork

sauce for pulled pork

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 9:44 pm
ryno23 medium-rare
medium-rare

I made my first pulled pork on my 3 month old Weber and it turned out great I used the Lexington vinegar sauce on pg 243 of BBQ USA and it was great, It pulled very easy and had good taste but when I put the vinegar sauce on after, I thought the sauce was to vinegary. Do you guys have a mop sauce and a different sauce you put on after or do you have a better sauce all together. I would like to make another pulled pork soon and would like to try something different. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 7:23 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Pick up a copy of "Sauces Rubs and Marinades" its well worth the money and will give you lots of options.

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:59 am
PaulP well done
well done

I use Steve's Basic Barbecue Sauce from the Barbecue Bible. It's a Memphis style sauce, and we love it! Of course, the "authentic" sauce for pulled pork is vinegar sauce, but you should use whatever pleases you and yours.
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Tue May 04, 2004 10:03 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Ryno23,

Here is the sauce I use for pulled pork. Mix a couple of cups of cider vinegar, about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, a healthy pinch of salt, several grinds of pepper, and a dose of hot sauce or red pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy! If you want it less vinegary, use some apple cider, about half and half.

Return to General Discussion